Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 DTS Performance
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner of 2007 EXT. Have been watching this forum and researching this site. What is the final word on lowering - HOW MUCH DOES IT AFFECT RIDE QUALITY? I'm 41 years old and while I like the look, am not willing to sacrifice that much in-terms of ride quality. I DID just install a set of custom lightweight forged 22's. Overall weight of each tire/wheel is less than the stock 18's and there is only a minor discernible difference in ride quality so I'm happy with that. Just can't get a definite word on ride quality. I'm in South Florida - roads are very smooth.

Also, if you could post where to get the best price I'd appreciate it. TIA.

cheers,

~Doc

·
Registered
02,07 Escalades, 03 745Li, 04 Wrangler
19 Posts
my 07 rides a little firmer but thats about it. there is a noticable difference in the handling much tighter around corners really fun on windy roads. also the look of the vehicle is much nicer...go for it

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
137 Posts
well i used lowering springs, loves them soo much didnt have a problem, but i added 26's and started having suspension problems so i bagged it up and ended all the minor problems with a nice air ride with cost me a pretty penny but love the baggs

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
I lowered both of my lades 2/3". Rides great and no regrets whatsoever. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
I just lowered my 07 4wd escalade with McGaughy's 2/3 kit. The car rides a pretty bumpy. alot of bounce to the car. When i slam on the brakes the car feels like its sitting on jello. It bounce front and back. Is this normal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts