Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting a baseline of 601 rwhp with the headers. I then swapped my LPE tube/airbox for a Airraid CAI. I picked up another 19 RWHP!!!!

2009 CTS-V A6

• LS9 Cam
  • 9.55 Lower
  • Airraid CAI
  • Kooks 1 7/8 headers and 3" catted x-pipe
  • Corsa Touring Exhaust
  • W4M Heat Exchanger
  • G-Force Dyno Tune

620 RWHP
590 RWTQ

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Wow!

Are you sure?

That would mean 19/.80 or 23.75 bhp increase.

An increase like that over the stock airbox configuaration is huge, but from the LPE to AirRaid?

Regardless, very nice numbers congrats!

Is that 13.6 your AF? I would not want to peak over 12.3

·
Registered
11 CTS-V Wagon 6MT Crystal Red all options NO sunroof
531 Posts
Wow!

Is that 13.6 your AF? I would not want to peak over 12.3
x2 ! Nice numbers, but an A/F ratio of 13.6 is asking for trouble on a gas powered forced induction car. Personally I wouldn't want to see any higher than 11.5. I'd get a tune ASAP if that is in fact your A/F reading at the bottom of the graph.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only change was the CAI. The stock airbox is very restrictive. I picked up 1 psi from 5400 to 6500rpms.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
x2 ! Nice numbers, but an A/F ratio of 13.6 is asking for trouble on a gas powered forced induction car. Personally I wouldn't want to see any higher than 11.5. I'd get a tune ASAP if that is in fact your A/F reading at the bottom of the graph.

:nono:Cmon fellas ive been tuning for 13 years... Its the boost logged by rpm.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
971 Posts
:nono:Cmon fellas ive been tuning for 13 years... Its the boost logged by rpm.

Could some (or most) of the HP gain from changing over from LPE to the Airraid be explained by re-dynoing on a cooler engine?

FWIW, I'll always remember John Heinricy telling me there was a 125 rwhp difference between dynoing a ZR1 heat soaked engine VS a cool engine!

·
Registered
Considering a V sedan
61 Posts
Mike Texass-

Who did your tuning/work here in Houston? Is any shop here an official/approved LPE shop that can install their packages?

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike Texass-

Who did your tuning/work here in Houston? Is any shop here an official/approved LPE shop that can install their packages?

I did! I own G-Force Motorsports. I talk with the guys at LPE every week! We can install any LPE package or one of our own!

Check out my website. www.gforce-tx.com

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V / 2015 Porsche Cayenne
725 Posts
Nice gains, kind of hard to imagine when you look at the sizing of the Airaid unit. Was the factory airbox modified? ie-was the bottom cut out of it on the original dyno test?

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes stock box was cut. The airaid has a really nice airhorn and a huge cone filter. No way it cant out flow the stock box!

Now I didnt just bolt it on and gain 20 rwhp. The new airraid intake threw off the maf curve quite a bit. On the first pull I lost 20 rwhp (580 rwhp) The airfuel was very rich. I leaned it out to the same 11.4 A/F that I ran on the Stock box and after a few pulls to dial it in it then dynoed 620 rwhp.

So the car was warm. I still have it strapped to the dyno and will redyno in the morning for some cold numbers (dyno qyeen:thumbsup:). It will be 34deg and dry in the morning!:bouncy:

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V / 2015 Porsche Cayenne
725 Posts
Yes stock box was cut. The airaid has a really nice airhorn and a huge cone filter. No way it cant out flow the stock box!

Now I didnt just bolt it on and gain 20 rwhp. The new airraid intake threw off the maf curve quite a bit. On the first pull I lost 20 rwhp (580 rwhp) The airfuel was very rich. I leaned it out to the same 11.4 A/F that I ran on the Stock box and after a few pulls to dial it in it then dynoed 620 rwhp.

So the car was warm. I still have it strapped to the dyno and will redyno in the morning for some cold numbers (dyno qyeen:thumbsup:). It will be 34deg and dry in the morning!:bouncy:
Nice improvement, how much did it affect the a/f ratio before you leaned it back out? I liked the filter and the general fit/finish of the Airaid just didn't have any results other than audible with my experience. I also noticed the intake dimensions in several places (3.25" tube and horn 3.5") but obviously it's working out for you. Keep us posted on the cold dyno results. Congrats! another 600+ hp car out there.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ive used the air raid on two V's. You must tune. My wideband is set to not read richer than 10.30 A?F and it pegged the wideband on both cars above 4500 rpms. But with a little tuning gains can be had!

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cold numbers this morning!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts