Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"This place is closed"
Brett said:
pending a vote by the mods/admins.
Just a few questions and suggestions, thanks for your indulgence;

1. Has there been a vote and is there a final decision regarding the CI forum?

2. If it is to be closed is this permanent?

3. If it is to be closed permanently will there be an epilog for it?

4. If it is to be closed permanently may I suggest that it be deleted from the site in order to free up space and bandwidth?

I suppose this has been inevitable, just looking for closure on it.

Thanks,
K~

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
Kev said:
"This place is closed"

Just a few questions and suggestions, thanks for your indulgence;

1. Has there been a vote and is there a final decision regarding the CI forum?

2. If it is to be closed is this permanent?

3. If it is to be closed permanently will there be an epilog for it?

4. If it is to be closed permanently may I suggest that it be deleted from the site in order to free up space and bandwidth?

I suppose this has been inevitable, just looking for closure on it.

Thanks,
K~

As far as I'm concerned, the CI forum can stay closed for good. Any time someone would make an oposing point that deferred from the norm of the CI area, the greater majority would put that person down and some even resorted to name-calling. There was very little in the way of a balanced logical discussion in the CI forum, which got worse every day if you can so imagine that...

For instance, someone would post in favor of a right-wing view, and another person would come in and call them a slew of names and there was no point thereafter to be made other than to save one's own ego and resort to name calling as well. The very same thing could be said about anyone who would favor the views of the left-wing.

It was getting ridiculous and it needed to be stopped.

If you haven't noticed Kev, I have only been posting in my NFL and turbo threads because even the lounge has been overran with the politics of the auto world. There has been an on-going argument between two members that started in the CI forum and has carried to the lounge, and quite frankly, I'm ****ing tired of it :rant2:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
We miss ya Illumina, I know of the argument mentioned and it is starting to become somewhat of a "news war" its getting slightly annoying to me, and most others in the Lounge.

Also, we have had the first CI topic, since that forum shut down, in the Lounge, now that the CI forum is closed, there is NO place on this site for current issues, so that means do not bring them into the Lounge, they cause too much trouble.

Keep it closed, delete it. Whatever.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it's become tiresome to put it politely. I haven't posted there in a while myself and even the Lounge has become bothersome for me. I have limited my interaction here tremendously as well. I have been skulking about mostly in the tech areas lately.

It's too bad that we couldn't keep an area like that available to reasonable debate and discussion but it has long passed that mark.

I was just hoping to hear the final word from Sal or Brett if they had one for it.
As I said, closure would be nice but I can survive without that too if need be.
:)

Thanks for your responses Mike and Craig.

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
I know of the quarrels both in the Lounge and in CI. While I have posted in both settings, I wish that CI could stay around. It was nice that members who cared could post and inform us of events we may have missed by being addicted to CadillacForums :D. It kept me updated on current events as well as giving me my daily fix of the forums all in one!! However, I understand the motivation behind the decision to possibly close that particular venue. In a perfect world we could be able to enjoy an area such as CI with calm discussion but under the current circumstances, it is not to be. To Kev and Illumina and probably many others who have limited interaction here because of the squabbles, you guys come on back. In my 6 months on the forum I have the opportunity to interact with a lot of you and find my time here very enjoyable. To Sal, Brett, and the mods: CI is a great venue for discussion and recent happenings. I've have been a participant on several topics. While I do not agree with the ongoing conflicts, I understand why a decision must be made on the continued accessibility of CI. You all do a wonderful job here, while CI will be missed, I'll continue to be a frequent user of the Forums, whether for help,advice, or general interaction.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Kev said:
Yes, it's become tiresome to put it politely. I haven't posted there in a while myself and even the Lounge has become bothersome for me. I have limited my interaction here tremendously as well. I have been skulking about mostly in the tech areas lately.

It's too bad that we couldn't keep an area like that available to reasonable debate and discussion but it has long passed that mark.

I was just hoping to hear the final word from Sal or Brett if they had one for it.
As I said, closure would be nice but I can survive without that too if need be.
:)

Thanks for your responses Mike and Craig.
Yeah i noticed that you have avoided the Lounge recently, somethings gotta give up there.

I think the general consensus about the CI forum is keep it closed, apart from with Addison, who just likes to be different :p

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Yeah i noticed that you have avoided the Lounge recently, somethings gotta give up there.

I think the general consensus about the CI forum is keep it closed, apart from with Addison, who just likes to be different :p
Hey pal, I agree with the decision to keep it closed. I just wished that it could have stayed open. But alas it is not to be.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
addison_ii said:
Hey pal, I agree with the decision to keep it closed. I just wished that it could have stayed open. But alas it is not to be.
I agree it is a shame to have to close it, if it could have been kept open without certain members causing trouble.......

BUT NO

So will it be deleted? Or just remain?

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
...I know of the argument mentioned and it is starting to become somewhat of a "news war" its getting slightly annoying to me, and most others in the Lounge.
It's annoying me too.

The CI section should stay closed unless a fulltime moderator is appointed.

I vote for Kev!!

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Kev said:
Yes, it's become tiresome to put it politely. I haven't posted there in a while myself and even the Lounge has become bothersome for me.
Ya, the "Roaming Ralph" thread sure must have played you out. ;)

As for moderating the CI, I don't believe it can be done.......and here's the reason. If a mod tries to tell someone (anyone) in that forum that they said something inappropriate, or lock down a thread, the accused will just cry "foul." It's happened there before many times, so I say WHY BOTHER trying to mod the CI if it is to remain open? It turned into a Liberal bashing fest it could be argued. So how will it be able to be moderated, especially if people ignore the no religion or sexual preference discussion rule, etc.? People take things much too personally sometimes, therefore nothing will change in that forum. People especially take those types of topics VERY personally and seriously, so again, nothing will change obviously.

As far as I can see as of late, the lounge has been very peaceful, and it is always fun and involving posting some automotive tid bits that DO NOT involve politics because many different types of car brands can be discussed there. For example quality ratings and theories on depreciation, or why such and such a car may be better than this one, hybrids, or just discussing vehicles in general etc. That's an appropriate place to do it. I think that way too much is being read into this, and involvement somehow with the lounge. The lounge is not the issue here, as I said, it's been great there lately. I'm trying to think of a recent thread there where some bashing and serious flaming was involved, and I cannot recall one illumina. I don't know what the problem is with that, and MANY people have been posting automotive tid bits for years (including myself) in the lounge and I think it is a good place to unwind and discuss those fun interesting topics, and many many others.

It's too bad you don't feel comfortable posting in the lounge illumina because I know that you are missed, even though I don't follow football much, especially American football, so I can't post in your football thread, it would be nice to hear from you once in a while. Again, if there is a certain type of thread that you or anyone doesn't like or care to comment on, then just skip it. Not everything will appeal to everybody.

I agree that the CI should probably be killed and deleted because it is the cause of too much trouble and emotion, and people won't change. Wait until election time . ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Why was my post here deleted? Was it because I told the truth about MODs being afraid of HRS?

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
everytime i see scourge and hotrod in a thread i think of this song becuse it just seems to fit them ...

STUCK ON YOU
By: Lionel Richie
Stuck on you
I've got this feeling down deep in my soul that I just can't lose
Guess I'm on my way
Needed a friend
And the way I feel now I guess I'll be with you 'til the end
Guess I'm on my way
Mighty glad you stayed

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stoneage_Caddy said:
everytime i see scourge and hotrod in a thread i think of this song becuse it just seems to fit them ...
I know exactly what you mean Mike, though I think of this song;
Crazy on You
Heart
(A. Wilson/N. Wilson/R. Fisher)

If we still have time, we might still get by
Every time I think about it, I wanna cry
With bombs and the devil, and the kids keep comin'
No way to breathe easy, no time to be young

But I tell myself that I was doin' all right
There's nothin' left to do at night
But to go crazy on you
Crazy on you
Let me go crazy, crazy on you, oh

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
LOL ..... here we are makeing jokes about it ....im sure ill hear about it ..... comes with the rest of my bad humor .....

i have a right mind to patent that idea ....Bad Humor Icecream .... with flavors like "flat beer" and "she pissed in my cereal(lemon and puffed rice)" and who could resist "shit" , a fudge type creation ...

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
your post was deleted because it was more of the same flaming BS you always post. and now since you wont shut up, you cant post at all

1 - 20 of 23 Posts