Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 ETC x2, 04 GXP, 04 STS x2, 97 ESC, 99 Deville, 05 SRX
2,603 Posts
You've gotta love those 1-2 chirps! Unusual for a big FWD car but these Cadillacs can do it!

·
Registered
'98 ETC Black 90k miles
1,061 Posts
Aren't you supposed to let it get to redline in 2nd and then ease off to let the engine braking shed carbon buildup in the cylinders? That's what I had thought, which I think I read somewhere (but am too lazy now to search for).

Either way, sweet WOT for sure. Those chirps set my heart a flutter as well - even my girl is impressed, though she tries to hide it. She's not really into the whole "what a lovely car you have" game.

·
Registered
97 ETC x2, 04 GXP, 04 STS x2, 97 ESC, 99 Deville, 05 SRX
2,603 Posts
thats and hard tires, mine doesnt do that after putting on softer compound tires.
I`ve got pretty soft & grippy tires on my `98 (new ones) and it will still do that on at least 50% of the roads around here. With the old tires (Continental Touring Contact) it would do that everywhere, and not just a chirp...

I tried some 60-0 braking yesterday to see how well the tires and ABS system worked- stops on a dime. Then I got code C1238 and traction suspended....brakes overheated, apparently...

·
Registered
'03 STS 122K, '01 STS 161K - 3/3/11
671 Posts
I tried some 60-0 braking yesterday to see how well the tires and ABS system worked- stops on a dime. Then I got code C1238 and traction suspended....brakes overheated, apparently...
How hot did you get them? I've had mine well beyond smoking and I've never seen that code. I'll have to go find the spreadsheet, but I recorded brake rotor temps one time with an IR temp guage, I got them pretty hot, but I dont remember what the exact number was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts