Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to what we've experienced because of hackers and security issues, I would like to encourage everyone who is not a Supporting Member to consider becoming one. Now more than ever. When I found out the hackers were in Egypt, it all fell into place and made sense with their anti-American BS. It's like we are fighting "terrorists" of our own on this forum which we call home and we need to keep it the way it is.

I don't like the idea of permanantly losing the ability to post any pics or even lose the freedom to change my avatar at will......but that's just ONE of the possible effects of actions like these.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Ralph said:
Due to what we've experienced because of hackers and security issues, I would like to encourage everyone who is not a Supporting Member to consider becoming one. Now more than ever. When I found out the hackers were in Egypt, it all fell into place and made sense with their anti-American BS. It's like we are fighting "terrorists" of our own on this forum which we call home and we need to keep it the way it is.

I don't like the idea of permanantly losing the ability to post any pics or even lose the freedom to change my avatar at will......but that's just ONE of the possible effects of actions like these.

Thanks.
:yeah: It really doesn't cost much, and it only makes this site that much better.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
and while im thinking of it , before some gets all pissy with me ...and starts sending pms to me telling me to brighten up.....i just wanna say we need more supporting members , but just realize money wont solve it alone

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stoneage_Caddy said:
yes , throwing money at it will make it go away ....does dubya run this site ?
Don't know about Dubya, but

throwing some money into more and updated security might make it go away........for now. apparently Sal had to bring in a security guy (not cheap) and it might only be a "one-time deal."

you guessed it, I'm as mad as HE** that they took Vicky and Natasha from me! :mad2:

Like I mentioned somewhere else, it too bad we can't give those buggers a nice virus! :stirpot:

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
naw , lets just get everyone to step up to the plate and support us ......we also need folks with expernce with this sort of thing to step up , 30,000 memebers and not one that can dfonate some time to this is just a little hard to belive ....we need manpower , but untill someone steps up and can help take care of this, manpower will cost money

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Wait, can someone explain to me how taking our avatars and picture attachments away will help keep hackers out... I'm confused...:confused: ... I didn't realize how inexpesive it was to become a supporting member though, I'll do it after I get out of college and back to my home comp.

...my name looks naked without the avatar...:eek:

·
5,826 Posts
Jesda said:
NICO had a huge problem with middle eastern hackers for quite some time. FreshAlloy had a security breach as recently as two weeks ago from a Palestinian group. Updating software, paying server admins, and fixing glitches all costs money.
Nevermind, answered my own question.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Are you telling me that the loss of avatars is due to terrorism?

I thought the Patriot Act protected us from all of that.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
16 Participants
Ralph