Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a new FG2 shock blow out and so I've had the joy of discovering how hard it is to find single replacements. I called Luke to no avail and then searched gmpartsdirect.com. I typed in the front shock part number, 88962952, and it says they have them. However, it also says the price is $167.44 each. Based on the price I have a hard time believing this is the right part. What say you?

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
457 Posts
those must be the FE4 - the standard shocks that come with the V. FG 2 are upgrades.

·
Registered
Cadillac
203 Posts
They might be i just ended up buying a c6 z06 slave from them for 148 dollars and every dealer has it listed for 250.57:thepan:

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I recently had a new FG2 shock blow out and so I've had the joy of discovering how hard it is to find single replacements. I called Luke to no avail and then searched gmpartsdirect.com. I typed in the front shock part number, 88962952, and it says they have them. However, it also says the price is $167.44 each. Based on the price I have a hard time believing this is the right part. What say you?
I think it is the right part. They also sell the set of 4. If you add up the GMPartsdirect MRSPs for the 2 rears and 2 fronts you arrive at the MRSP for the full set. The front FG2s are not all that expensive - it is the rear FG2s that represent the bulk of the cost.

I am in the same situation - I have blown 1 front FG2 and Lindsay can't help me. I have not ordered a single from GMPartsDirect because: (1) I am looking at other options since FG2s are not rebuildable may get harder to find; and (2) GMPartsDirect lists FG2s as "special order", which can take a long time to get, i.e. they may be back ordered forever too.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,075 Posts
GMPartsDirect screwed me on buying a PCM. Took over $400 for a faulty one and wouldn't even give me a core charge back. F 'em!

I wouldn't buy something from them for anything! :rant2:

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
GMPartsDirect screwed me on buying a PCM. Took over $400 for a faulty one and wouldn't even give me a core charge back. F 'em!

I wouldn't buy something from them for anything! :rant2:
Good to know. I have never done any business with them either - their shipping charges negate most of any price difference anyway and their stated terms and conditions place all of the risk on the purchaser, no matter what. I only considered them on the FG2 thing to keep from spending $1,200-$1,400 to replace one shock absorber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts