Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Drive around the roads for a few hours and the potholes and expansion gaps will make you tire into a fender roller. After a few bumps, the fenders won't be a problem anymore because they will be bent out of the way.

Sorry for the completely useless post.

Good luck on your audio install!

·
Registered
03 Redline CTS Lux Pkg
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrrrright.......

only thing that seems to be accomplishing so far is damaging my tire.

Come on fellas, help a brotha out. I'm not showing pics till i get my fenders rolled (i know it won't affect the pics at all)

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Silver Smoke
173 Posts
Wow, don't you love the pointless posts?

Come in here asking for help and all you get is :anibs:

I wish I knew about rolling the fenders or shops in your area but I dont.

I do know that you can rent a Fender Rolling machine online though, if you're interested in doing it yourself.

And don't worry about Koz, everytime he posts its like :horse:. All BS and never anything new.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,969 Posts
I'll bet that the softball bat has been used more times to roll the fenders than any other method. This is duck soup for any oldtime body guy.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Put 245x45x18s on it and the problem goes away!:rant2:

You can rent fender rollers. Google it. Several members have rented them.

This also gives you the clearance you need.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Why not simply look in the yellow pages for 'auto body repair' shops that are close to you, and call and ask? Or you can rent your own, if you're mechanical and follow instructions carefully. http://www.rollyourfender.com/

So Robert, is that top picture of the Vadermobile after you started parting out your mods???? ;)

·
Registered
Cadillac
156 Posts
Listen Man.
I had the same problem, calling every body shop, asking people where to go, going on that wbsite and talkin to the guy who owns it.
Bottom line is you can do it yourself.
I don't know much about cars let alone body work.
So, all you do is take your wheel off, get a heat gun and use a mallot to bend the lip.
I heated up a small section for about 45 seconds and then hit it up inwards witht he mallot.
Its time consuming but ridiculously easy.
I got some sick 20's for a really good price and they were the wrong offset on my car so the back tires were cutting from the rubbing, it killed me.
I coulnt even put people in my backseat.
Now i can load 5 in my car and go over potholes no problem.
the tire will still rub sometimes but it wont cut so it wont damage anything.

Trust me man, if u have any other questions, let me know, but its so easy.
dont waste ur money.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
what size tires you got on there?

·
Registered
03 Redline CTS Lux Pkg
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I finally got my fenders rolled. I wanted to get it done this weekend because I drive my car alot and I didnt want to ruin a brand new tire. I also didn't really want to do it myself since i have no experience whatsoever with any auto body repair.

I had already called a million places before I posted on here so thanks for that advice.

I am runnning 245/40-18's. The problem was with the +38 offset I think.

Out of all the places I called only 1 said they would do it and the guy barely spoke english (which does not mean he didn't know how to do it) so that was out of the question. As a last resort, I ended up calling the guy who has done a lot of other work on my car with questionable (at best) success. He did it for me but there are some problems. Only the driver's side rear wheel was rubbing but I had him do them both. He warned that it could cause the paint to crack.

Well, I dont have any pics at the moment, but on the drivers sides, there is a white line where it looks like the metal was stretched a bit. It looks kind of like when you bend a colored piece of plastic, the bented part looks white. The passenger side has no marks but also feels like it was barely rolled at all. It's almost like he saw what happend on the driver's side and was scared to bend it as much on the other side. I'll try to get some pics up later but does anyone know what I am talking about/what I can do about it?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,969 Posts
The paints cracked. What you are seeing is the white undercoat/primer. You're going to have to have the whole fender repainted to mae it look decent. Live and learn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts