Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father has a 2000 Deville and he's interested in buyingsome fender trim for it. He doesn't want the strip that only covers the front/rear quarterpanels, he wants it to wrap around the whole wheel well. I've been looking online for a site that offers it but I can't find one. My question to you guys is, do any of you have the trim around your entire wheel well or know of any sites that sell it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
-Mac

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
No body makes such, as it's impossible to attach it to the lower flexable plastic part. (Which is why sales of it dropped 50%) It's only the upper arch partial part & in my opinion it looks goofy, as the 2 ends are left floating in air. The last year that it looked "factory correct" was 1993, on the C-Bodies (DeVille / Fleetwood / Sixty Special). It looks bad on the Lincoln Town Car, too. The manufacturers are now pushing chrome rocker panel mouldings, which do look good, as long as you buy the 3 inch wide ones and NOT the 7 inch wide ones that come up the door sides ! Keep in UNDER the door's opening line.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, thanks for the help. I'm going to be buying a pillar set and rocker panel set for my 1999 SLS and I know that he wanted those fender trim parts and I was going to surprise him. Oh well, maybe they'll pop up somewhere some time.
-Mac

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sandy said:
No body makes such, as it's impossible to attach it to the lower flexable plastic part. (Which is why sales of it dropped 50%) It's only the upper arch partial part & in my opinion it looks goofy, as the 2 ends are left floating in air. The last year that it looked "factory correct" was 1993, on the C-Bodies (DeVille / Fleetwood / Sixty Special). It looks bad on the Lincoln Town Car, too. The manufacturers are now pushing chrome rocker panel mouldings, which do look good, as long as you buy the 3 inch wide ones and NOT the 7 inch wide ones that come up the door sides ! Keep in UNDER the door's opening line.
I'm new to this but I love your ride. I read what you put about cleaning the leather and i'm gonna try it. about the trim... i got a 90 model deville and want to put some chrome trim on the skirts. you appear to have alot of knowledge in cars and was wondering if that sticky skirt trim would hold up. that might be whats on this car. i think it would look cool. And have u done any mods to your engine? I've thought about putting one of those aftermarket intakes but I'd like to know how its going to affect the rest of the motor cause its in good shape and i don't wnat to jeapordize it with just ading more air. you got a nice ride. whre'd you get those mats from? thats tight

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Thanks! The mats came from the company that advertises on this site, on the left side of the monitor screen. They are headed up by a very nice man who goes 110% for you. They are the WHITE and the logo is available, (along with lots of others) in the Dark Purple, to more or less match the car.
My car is bone stock 100% OEM (excluding the mats) so, no engine mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Sandy