Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
I'm not a big fan of sticking things to the sides of my car that are non-fxnal. I've seen some 300C's with those and some other side vents for the rear doors and it looks a bit much.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Smokin' 04 CTS said:
I'm not a big fan of sticking things to the sides of my car that are non-fxnal. I've seen some 300C's with those and some other side vents for the rear doors and it looks a bit much.
I've bought those fender ports for my 2003 dark blue CTS... horrible ! Chrome effect is poor.
Can you indicate me where I can see the side vents for rear doors, or others looking more classy ?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I do not see these as part the CTS' design vocabulary. If they were they would be recessed, integrated and without chrome embellishment.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
Not as bad as I thought it would look upon reading the thread title (I was fearing some ///M vents slapped on a CTS). While they actually had the intelligence to match the CTS' edgy looks, they seem to have missed the point of the design being purposely uncluttered.

If they served some kind of mechanical advantage, I'd say go for it. As they are, I can't say I like them, but I don't think I would feel ill if I saw a car with them someday.

Who knows, perhaps versions of the next CTS will come stock with them seeing as Cadillac has already added a set to the new Escalade.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think that result is better on clear color cars... but not sure !
If the intention and model is good (that's why I bought them...), the chrom finish look is poor plastic. If they had the good idea to use true metal, I think that the result would have been above. When I paid them 129, I really didn't think it was not. That's all I said.
... and that's why I look for another pair of vents, more classy finish, even more priced...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Buick has retro the exhaust ports on it's new models. You could order those from GMPD if you get the part number.
Before anyone orders this part they had better look at it on the Lucerne as I believe that it actually fits into cut-offs in the fender, and it not just solely surface mounted.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
SoCadillac said:
Before anyone orders this part they had better look at it on the Lucerne as I believe that it actually ftis into cut-offs in the fender, and it not just solely surface mounted.
Well that certainly is a possibility. Knowing Detroit it's probably a paste on. But in any case it would be wise to check. Go to a buick dealer and pop the hood.:yup:

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
paulz said:
I've bought those fender ports for my 2003 dark blue CTS... horrible ! Chrome effect is poor.
Can you indicate me where I can see the side vents for rear doors, or others looking more classy ?
What are you going to with them now? Ill take them...

·
Registered
2013 3.6 Performance Luxury
1,034 Posts
RobertCTS said:
We must travel similar roads in the internet:)

You know Buick has brought those port back on one of their model. They do have some style to them.
I've seen them on the Buicks and they actually look good (blends the appearance of class and power). I don't think they'd look as good on a CTS.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts