Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..some a hole decided to run into the back of my caddy this morning...I have a dent about 10-12 inches big on the chrome bumper part, and the part of the car by the tail light popped out past the bumper.

How much do you guys think it would run for my to get it fixed up? Or at least get the part of the car back behind the bumper so it doesnt look the bad. (Its a 92 Deville by the way)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
correction..nothing came from out behind the bumper. its just that the bumper is bent up that the tail light went a couple of inches deep into the cover. (if anyone can picture what im describing..i dont have any pics yet sorry).

so should i get a new bumper all together which would cost like $500 + labor charges to put it on..or should I get an auto body place to fix up my bumper so that it isnt all bent in? and how much would that probably cost?

id appreciate any opinions/suggestions or whatever

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Yep, what Powerglide said: insurance or DIY'r will rule the answer - if a diy job, head for the recycle yards to get acceptable replacement parts (some call them junkyards, but that is so plebian) and then sweet-talk some paint shop into spraying up a match for you. You might get away for less than 3 bills total.

If insurance is involved, at least double that amount and add in your deductible for a closer estimate - assuming the A-Hole didn't stick around to take responsibility fo rhis actions, like what happened to my back end last month. The *****,,,,,,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts