Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Brougham 1987
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since im new here, i cannot post on other item specific discussions and I need help for my ride ASAP. My Cadillac Brougham 1987 has some problem with the headlights but im not sure about the specific problem if its the wiring or the part needs replacement. Headlight doesn't turn on low beam but only lits up when set to high beam. However, there are times its not working at all. I want to try and fix it by myself than going to a mechanic.

·
Registered
1979 Coupe deVille, 1995 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1,846 Posts
So let me be clear. Your low beam headlight does not come on, unless you switch on the high beams? Then both come on? Is it the same problem on both sides?

Headlights on, only the amber parking lights are on, then switch on high beams and all four headlight bulbs come on?

Is your car equipped with twilight sentinel? Do you get the same results both on auto and manual?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,840 Posts
since im new here, i cannot post on other item specific discussions and I need help for my ride ASAP. My Cadillac Brougham 1987 has some problem with the headlights but im not sure about the specific problem if its the wiring or the part needs replacement. Headlight doesn't turn on low beam but only lits up when set to high beam. However, there are times its not working at all. I want to try and fix it by myself than going to a mechanic.
========================
could be as simple as a burned out bulb -

get a cheap $3 test light -
and simply probe the headlight socket -

1 - 3 of 3 Posts