Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac cts
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Members,

I'm looking to do the complete V suspension upgrade. So far I have the sway's and I found a member that has the coils and shocks. My concern is that one of the shocks is missing two spring perch. The seller said I could use the spring perch from the fe3 shocks. My question is do FE1 shocks have the spring perch, if they do can i use them on the fe4. I need some wisdom on the subject please. I'm trying to do the swap from FE1 to FE4.

I tried to find the answers to my questions, but did not have any luck.

Please note how the second shock from the right has two spring perch, one in the middle, and the other at the top of the shock. The first shock on the right does not have any.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
yes your FE1s should have them...and you said coils? do you mean springs? there is a huge difference in springs and coilovers

·
Registered
Cadillac cts
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant springs, thanks for the clarification, yes the difference is drastic.

Are you certain about me being able to use the spring perch off my FE1 shocks? I'd like to make sure that all will work perfectly before disassembling everything, and not being able to install the shocks.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V & 06 Rubicon
365 Posts
Guys im the one sending the shocks to him, I want to ensure he has all the right stuff for his project. One of my shocks (far right in the pic) is missing a cap, is this cap something he can pull of his own shocks and if not is it necessary? I actully feel bad because I just noticed it when I took the pics...

Also I know FE3 and FE4 are interchangeable BUT I have NO experience with FE1's. I dont want to sell someone something and have them not be able to do anything with it. The front shock second from right has extra spring perches from my car, they are FE4 perches. I know theyll fit FE3's and FE4's but will his FE1 spring perches fit over these shocks???

Thanks

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,785 Posts
Or go to gmpartsdirect.com I just did and the items insulator back and spring back appear to the items in question, assuming this is the front that y'all are talking about. At any rate, it doesn't ask what shock system you have. Nor does it state that it's for any one specific system. So I would say that you could use the FE1 to the FE4.

KOT

·
Registered
Cadillac cts
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help Guys.
I'd suspect that I'd be able to use the
FE1 spring perch, I just hate to assume things.
Does anyone know of a forums member who has
done this change so I can ask him?

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I'll let you know when I do mine. I'm going from FE2 with stock springs to FE4 with lowered Eibach springs. It's been 3 months in the process. :)

KOT

·
Registered
2007 CTS Thunder Gray
1,055 Posts
It looks like you guys are in luck....if GM Parts Direct is right, then there is only one set of part numbers for the spring insulator and spring seat, which means you can go ahead with the swap.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Just asked my friend today, he said with in the next 6 weeks or so. We're gonna do it on a Saturday at his shop after hours. So I would need to take a day off of my job. Exactly when, I don't know.

KOT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts