Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..so I know alot of people have switched from fe1 fe2 fe3 fe4 etc but I haven't found anywhere bout people using fe3 in the front and fe4 in the back..

Im thinking about doing this because , my parts car has fe3 suspension and I have a pair of fe4 shocks chilling in the garage at I've had for about a year...and I want stiffer suspension as I auto crossed a couple weeks ago and love it.

I will be ordering the MM kit for the rears.

Just curious if yall think running the different dampers will cause the ride to be weird or anything...I assumme the slightly stiffer rear setup will lead to oversteer?

Current setup is eibach pro lowering springs 1.5" drop all around
Cts-v sway bars
Cts-v strut bar
Fe1 shocks

·
Registered
'06 CTS 3.6L:HID HEADLIGHT/FOGS:LED INTERIOR/PLATE/TRIANGLE:
363 Posts
I converted my fe1 to fe3 shocks. I tried cts-v springs all around, not sure if that fe4 or not. But the front sat high I guess they are stiff due to the weight of the ls motor. I switched back to the fe1 springs for the front but left the CTSV springs on the rear. If u want just a daily cruiser I do miss the fe1 shocks

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, My bad on the name..Yes FE5 then...I will just be swapping the shocks, not the springs as I already have eibachs...

Are the FE3's really that big of a difference over FE1? If so, I wonder if FE5 will be harsh at all. I want a stiffer ride, but I don't want it to be harsh. Florida roads are generally pretty good so that may help a bit too. I plan on ordering the MightyMouse mod in a few weeks and doing this sometime in June.

·
Registered
'06 CTS 3.6L:HID HEADLIGHT/FOGS:LED INTERIOR/PLATE/TRIANGLE:
363 Posts
I would do fe3 rear for load leveling and fe2 in front and upgrade sway bars for better handling which I believe u already did

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'
1,165 Posts
Oh, My bad on the name..Yes FE5 then...I will just be swapping the shocks, not the springs as I already have eibachs...

Are the FE3's really that big of a difference over FE1? If so, I wonder if FE5 will be harsh at all. I want a stiffer ride, but I don't want it to be harsh. Florida roads are generally pretty good so that may help a bit too. I plan on ordering the MightyMouse mod in a few weeks and doing this sometime in June.
With FE5 you will feel just about everything . lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts