Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to have their graying out favorites fixed? Mine have been doing this since the summer and my dealer says Cadillac is working on the software fix. I have a 2019 CTS.

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac ATS AWD and 2015 SRX
23 Posts
Has anyone been able to have their graying out favorites fixed? Mine have been doing this since the summer and my dealer says Cadillac is working on the software fix. I have a 2019 CTS.
There was a fix issued in November 2019. The dealer updated the cue software. I had to reprogram the favorites as per the tsb. Prior to the fix they disappeared every other day.The fix appeared to work, but I did have some disappear a week or two after the fix. No problems in the last week or so since then.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2019 are v with this same issue. Supposedly what caused this on mine is the over the air update to 22.8 that I did back in the summer. I then had my dealer install s22.9 which is allegedly the fix , but the favorites still gray out occasionally. I have heard of several other owners with the same bad result. They need to go back to the drawing board.

·
Premium Member
2019 CTS-V Sedan
20 Posts
I just had mine updated at the dealer and it seems to have fixed the graying out problem. I still have my Nav lock up and cant get into it until I shut off the car, lock it for a few minutes until everything goes to sleep, but the graying out problem is fixed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just had mine updated at the dealer and it seems to have fixed the graying out problem. I still have my Nav lock up and cant get into it until I shut off the car, lock it for a few minutes until everything goes to sleep, but the graying out problem is fixed.
I have to say that mine initially grayed out after the software update , but it hasn't happened now in over three weeks so it does seem to be fixed (knock on wood)

·
Registered
36 Posts
So much for thinking it was fixed. Just today it grayed out 4 of 10 favorites. It's incredible that they come out with a software update to specifically address this issue and it doesn't work. What a fail!!

·
Premium Member
2019 CTS-V Sedan
20 Posts
Same here. Half were greyed out again yesterday and then to top it off the Nav locked up with the black screen...again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So Cadillac customer care leaves me a message to contact them about this. I call & get someone's voicemail , so I describe again in detail how the update doesn't solve the problem. I urge them to let the IT people know that myself & numerous others are still experiencing grayed out favorites after this supposed fix. I get a return message saying that I understand you're not happy with your defective cue system. All the info I have given them via e mail and voice message isn't even addressed. These people answering the phone don't have a clue about the product or what I'm talking about. What a waste of time to even contact them. I guess if enough dealerships get complaints , then they'll try & get it right. It's not the end of the world having to occasionally re enter the favorites , but stop coming out with updates that do more harm than good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts