Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be nice to get a "What's In the Bag?" from everybody for DIY detailing:

Leather: Lexol (if I have the time) but usually Meguiar's Gold Class Cleaner and Conditioner

Wax: Eagle One Wax As U Dry (during drying between waxes), Meguiar's ScratchX, Crystal Paint Cleaner, NXT (every 2-3 months) and Carnauba (1 or 2 a year)

Tires: Meguiar's Endurance gel-High Gloss

Chrome: Mother's

Drying: The Absorber

Non-leather interior: Meguiar's Natural Shine

Glass: Windex and newspaper on outside and something the tint shop gave me for the tinted interior side with a lint free cloth)

Soap: Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner at home (local DIY car wash, but the brush is only used on the wheels and tires)

Personally, I also like the smell of the Meguiar's products and that is one reason I like to use them; your car SMELLS CLEAN!!!!

FYI: The corvette forums are a nice resource for what works well. I had an '03 50th AE or a year (0% interest made it possible) and I gained a wealth of information from those guys. Most of them are big Zaino fans.

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
We had 36 detail shops in the 80's and early 90's and used Meguiar's and some Liquid Glass who wanted a product that lasted longer, I used Meguiar's products for over 20 years, the last 10 years I used Zaino, the last 8 years we sold Zaino. I used Lexol leather products for many years before switching to Zaino leather products. I have used Stoner Invisible Glass, spray glass cleaner for 10 plus years. Toro electric leaf blower for drying for about 10 years now, leaves almost no water to dry with a cotton towel, or DF cotton microfiber. There are many good products for your car,m but if you want or need good durability systhetic waxes will last the longest. :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
my dad has a body shop, and i do professional auto detailing. I use CARBRITE and AUTOGLYM, the only thing i use of meguires is high gloss tire gel and spray. The rest is the 2 mentioned above. CARBRITE makes a wheel cleaner stronger than ANY out there, it is called WHEEL ACID, perfect for spokes, if u let it dry, it WILL STAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! No scrubbing required, just a washmit after.

·
Registered
152 Posts
When I first bought my STS (about 6 months ago), I used Brillant Blue fine compoud and litely cut the paint and finished it off with Liquid glass. It a 10 year old STS and looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
coppertop