Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Fleetwood Brougham 1995
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've been feeling lonely and I have downloaded some love songs. "These Eyes" by Guess Who is my favorite. :helpless:

·
Registered
166 Posts
SupaFly said:
Okay, I've been feeling lonely and I have downloaded some love songs. "These Eyes" by Guess Who is my favorite. :helpless:
You have good taste. (=

Try 'Dirty Epic' by Underworld. Slightly techno, poetry to music. Absolutely breathtaking. That's my favourite.

For something a little more normal, I love 'Take On Me' by A-ha.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I read the topic and I was like "I don't like Courtney Love" and then I read it again and got it. But I don't have any favorites. I kinda got dumped on Monday, so I don't think I'll listen to any for awhile anyway.

·
Registered
Fleetwood Brougham 1995
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oooohhh...I'm listening to "Take On Me" right now. I love that song.

Not an appropriate time to listen to such mushy songs. Maybe some Zeppelin.

·
Registered
166 Posts
SupaFly said:
Oooohhh...I'm listening to "Take On Me" right now. I love that song.

Not an appropriate time to listen to such mushy songs. Maybe some Zeppelin.
sweet! ;)

when I was a kid and first saw the video, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. definitely one of the better 80's pop songs.

bah! editing while I replied! that's not fair! :mad: :D

now there you go.. I'd flip to Kashmir, In the Evening, and of course, When the Levee Breaks. mmm.. Zeppelin.

·
Registered
Fleetwood Brougham 1995
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember that video, with the mirrored maze. Led Zeppelin's, "All Of My Love", or "Ten Years Gone". I love Zeppelin. I love Cream's "Badge". Al Green, "Let's Stay Together".

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wonderfull Tonight.... it got played at the end of EVERY school dance when i was in school

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've always been partial to "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins...mostly because it reminds me of the Ferrari/Porsche scene in the movie of the same name. :D

Speaking of Zeppelin, does anyone else feel weird listening to "Rock & Roll" off Led Zeppelin IV now? Every time I hear that song while I'm driving I feel like I'm in a Cadillac commercial.

·
Registered
329 Posts
2001blackdev said:
I've always been partial to "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins...mostly because it reminds me of the Ferrari/Porsche scene in the movie of the same name. :D

Speaking of Zeppelin, does anyone else feel weird listening to "Rock & Roll" off Led Zeppelin IV now? Every time I hear that song while I'm driving I feel like I'm in a Cadillac commercial.
I was just about to say, "Wouldn't it be weird to play "Rock & Roll" in a Cadillac now? :histeric:
The best love song I've ever heard is "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. Not very many people have heard it, but those that have know what I'm talking about. Actually, the entire Ben Folds "Rockin' the Suburbs" CD kicks donkey @ss.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
857 Posts
In My Life Lyrics
by Beatles

There are places I remember,
all my life, though some have changed
some forever not for better,
some have gone, and some remain,
all these places have their moments,
with lovers and friends, I still can recall,
some are dead and some are living,
In My Life, I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers,
there is no one, compares with you,
and these memories lose thier meaning,
when I think of love, as something new
though I know I'll never lose affection,
for people and things, that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them,
In My Life, I love you more

though I know I'll never lose affection,
for people and things, that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them,
In My Life, I love you more

In My Life, I love you more...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Cat Scratch Fever/Ted Nugent or Beat it/ M. "the little pedophile" Jackson.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
[scratching head] How can "Cat Scratch Fever" or "Beat It" be considered a "Corny Love Song?"

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
397 Posts
Corny Love Song? I believe Daniel Bedingfield's "If you're not the one" comes to mine here.

EIEEEE DONT WANNA RUN AWAY, BUT I CANT TAKE IT I DONT UNDERSTAND!! IF IM NOT MADE FOR YOU THEN WHYYYYYYYY DOES MY HEART TELL ME THAT EYE YAMMMM???

·
Registered
Fleetwood Brougham 1995
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That song is definitely not a favorite of mine. Some guy sent it to me and I was dying when I downloaded it.

·
Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
701 Posts
Call me old fashioned, but Stevie Wonders "Isn't She Lovely" reminds me of a girl I was crazy for in High School. Thats been 25 years ago, but I still think of her when I hear it.

Current corny love song that would bring a tear to my eye is John Prine's "You Got Gold". That one reminds me of how I feel about my wife. If you haven't heard it, give a listen. Its worth the 4:55 it takes from start to finish, and you might become one of John Prine's newest fans.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts