Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I took the 2017 Escalade we bought a week ago to a Cadillac dealer while we were on vacation. He was completely unhelpful and unsympathetic as I was telling him that my Adaptive Cruise Control wouldn’t work most of the trip.

He said they could scan it for $125 to see if it was throwing an error, but it would be a week until they could get to it. I was only in town three days.

About 80% of the time I get the “temporarily unavailable” alert. The little green car indicator light blinks on and off like crazy and stays off a lot even when I’m near vehicles see the link below.

I took the vehicle to the car wash to try and clean everything, but it made no difference.

I called our favorite mechanic to have him look at it. He said diagnostics were free.

This has been such a bummer!

Here's a video of what it's doing:

IMG_4047.MOV

My question is, should this green light always be on? Or just when you get near a vehicle. Doesn’t seem to matter on my vehicle. Most of the time it is on, then ACC dies 10 minutes after I start it up.

I’m just wondering what the normal correct behavior is supposed to be.

Thanks!
Jason

·
Registered
escalade
37 Posts
So I took the 2017 Escalade we bought a week ago to a Cadillac dealer while we were on vacation. He was completely unhelpful and unsympathetic as I was telling him that my Adaptive Cruise Control wouldn’t work most of the trip.

He said they could scan it for $125 to see if it was throwing an error, but it would be a week until they could get to it. I was only in town three days.

About 80% of the time I get the “temporarily unavailable” alert. The little green car indicator light blinks on and off like crazy and stays off a lot even when I’m near vehicles see the link below.

I took the vehicle to the car wash to try and clean everything, but it made no difference.

I called our favorite mechanic to have him look at it. He said diagnostics were free.

This has been such a bummer!

IMG_4047.MOV

So my question is, should this green light always be on? Or just when you get near a vehicle. Doesn’t seem to matter on my vehicle. Most of the time it is on, then dies 10 minutes after I start it up.

I’m just wondering what the normal correct behavior is supposed to be.

Thanks!
Jason
green car only if something in radars range, would use only on highway, fun for me initially to get truck decently in full stop. My dislike of it once its on, you are suddenly driving like the nut ahead of you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
green car only if something in radars range, would use only on highway, fun for me initially to get truck decently in full stop. My dislike of it once its on, you are suddenly driving like the nut ahead of you
I think in the 2017, it can’t be turned off. ACC is the only CC I’d I understand correctly. I’d drop in a heartbeat if I could.

·
Registered
2020 Escalade 4WD
107 Posts
Ive never seen intermittent blinking green car on my 2020 like you show in your video. Connection is loose somewhere. Most likely a wire from a sensor- if not there could be a cracked trace on circuit board. I would hope an intermittent connection anywhere in that system would throw a code!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive never seen intermittent blinking green car on my 2020 like you show in your video. Connection is loose somewhere. Most likely a wire from a sensor- if not there could be a cracked trace on circuit board. I would hope an intermittent connection anywhere in that system would throw a code!
I hope to find out next week,

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV Premium
425 Posts
The shop that does free diagnostics probably doesn't have the right equipment to do proper diagnostics. I own a big repair shop and we do lots of diagnostics on all sorts of domestic and import vehicles. If I didn't charge for this service, how could I afford the $40k+ a year to keep up on the equipment needed and subscription renewals. Pay a top notch diagnostics shop a fair price for diag, and you walk away cheaper in repair as no darts are being thrown at the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The shop that does free diagnostics probably doesn't have the right equipment to do proper diagnostics. I own a big repair shop and we do lots of diagnostics on all sorts of domestic and import vehicles. If I didn't charge for this service, how could I afford the $40k+ a year to keep up on the equipment needed and subscription renewals. Pay a top notch diagnostics shop a fair price for diag, and you walk away cheaper in repair as no darts are being thrown at the problem.
I actually learned today that my vehicle has 100K mile extended warranty on it that transferred to me, so it looks like I can go in for a warranty repair. That sensor definitely does not seem to be working. I can have a vehicle sitting right in front of me and it doesn't detect, and then it occasionally works. Cruise is unavailable 75% of the time.

Here's to hoping I can get it sorted out, and keep my arms and legs in the process.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same exact issue like. the dealer was able to get a code when I took it in when it's not working. they ended up replacing the video processing module. However, they are not able to figure out my concern about the electric parking brake engages randomly when I start the car. happens at lease once a day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.