Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac ext
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to see how many have had a problem with airbags not deploying. I love "ed" my escalade and swore to fix anything that happened to it in order to keep it since the model (EXT) was discontinued. I rebuilt the tranny last march, new water pump, window motor/regulator, last month, new tires month before and new front differential last week and Monday my son was involved in an accident laying it to rest. the vehicle was smashed front and back, buckled in middle so doors wouldn't open without "popping" fender on driver side and not at all on passenger side.... my point being not one airbag went off. Thank God my son wasn't hurt more severely but now I cant trust buying another one. It breaks my heart that they didn't deploy and prevent what did happen to him but what if it had been worse....I cannot imagine!!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Wow that had to suck sorry for the loss of the truck

I have read of another member on here where the airbags didn't deploy even when they should have in a wreck

Mine has the air bag light on(side air bag loop back code) but after seeing two different Threads like this it makes me wonder if they would deploy if I needed them when I do replace the harness for the seat to the side air bag(not cool)

I hope everyone who was in the truck made it out ok though

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
I would not call them faulty just yet.

We get more calls about the GM trucks not deploying their air bags then deployments. You really don't want the air bags to deploy unless needed due
to risk of injury from the air bags themselves.

The air bags are a supplemental system and are to be used with the seat belts.

The Silverados are huge and typically win any battle out there...so many wrecks are non-deployments.

What is your lawsuit claim?...non injury?

As for the other 'non deployment' truck...there was a statement made that the EDR had been downloaded....and showed the air bags
should have deployed. Curious...we wanted to see this crash data file.

Still waiting..

www.airbagcrash.com

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac ext
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1st of all I never said anything about a lawsuit. There is no way all that none of them should have deployed.... the vehicle was severely damaged at both ends- the car behind him actually went under the truck and got crushed on impact and as for mine...ill let the insurance decide but my guess its "totaled". What does a Silverado have to do with it...no one mentioned a Silverado...and my childs injuries are not your concern.

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
The Escalade is based on the Silverado C/K truck platform.

Please be aware that your vehicle is equipped with a black box...edr...event data recorder. Whatever you want to call it.
It does record speed, brake, throttle, seat belt usage etc.

It wasn't us who brought up the suggestion of a lawsuit.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue
200 Posts
1st of all I never said anything about a lawsuit. There is no way all that none of them should have deployed.... the vehicle was severely damaged at both ends- the car behind him actually went under the truck and got crushed on impact and as for mine...ill let the insurance decide but my guess its "totaled". What does a Silverado have to do with it...no one mentioned a Silverado...and my childs injuries are not your concern.
LOL wow! pissy much? ...Good way to get help from people! :hitstick:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts