Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS Lux/Sports DBL BLK
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this on the local (Chicago News) A silver CTS with rims ran a stop sign and hit a school bus (flipping it over). This CTS was mangled and had an ebony interior. I did a google search but couldnt find anything. I did not here what state it was in though. Hope it was no one here. There were fatalities and by the look of the cts, I think thats where they came from. I'll keep searching.

Chris

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
:postpics:

=(

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
That is most unfortunate, it is a tragedy that a fellow owner would be so stupid.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
Fellow owners being stupid???? You kidding....most of the guys on here are posting how cool it is to go max speed in this car and showing off....Its just a matter of time.......A tragic event non the less...my heart goes out to all involved.....and all families
You are right, of course, because any driver that puts their "skills" ahead of other's safety is a selfish and contempible individual. At the same time, there are some members who flog their rides on a track and test their limits that way, so don't paint with too broad a brush.

There is a huge difference in my opinion between driving a few miles over the speed limit while stone cold sober, and running a stop sign or red light, sober or not. One is a calculated risk, the other sheer folly. No doubt both endanger the public in their own way, though speeding seems to be a lot less dangerous than disregarding traffic signals.

I would like to think that most members of the forums are responsible and considerate members of society, in spite of their rare excesses. Who hasn't had a moment of stupidity while behind the wheel, whether it's excessive speed, changing lanes without signaling, or worse? We are all guilty of some infraction, from the benign to the truly horrible, but running a stop sign and hitting a school bus? That transcends foolish excess or random carefree attitude and is instead the height of stupidity. Flip, you have a point, and I agree with you at the core of your position, but there is a huge difference between someone who speeds and someone who runs stopsigns (I say most defensively ;)).

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
You are right, of course, because any driver that puts their "skills" ahead of other's safety is a selfish and contempible individual. At the same time, there are some members who flog their rides on a track and test their limits that way, so don't paint with too broad a brush.

There is a huge difference in my opinion between driving a few miles over the speed limit while stone cold sober, and running a stop sign or red light, sober or not. One is a calculated risk, the other sheer folly. No doubt both endanger the public in their own way, though speeding seems to be a lot less dangerous than disregarding traffic signals.

I would like to think that most members of the forums are responsible and considerate members of society, in spite of their rare excesses. Who hasn't had a moment of stupidity while behind the wheel, whether it's excessive speed, changing lanes without signaling, or worse? We are all guilty of some infraction, from the benign to the truly horrible, but running a stop sign and hitting a school bus? That transcends foolish excess or random carefree attitude and is instead the height of stupidity. Flip, you have a point, and I agree with you at the core of your position, but there is a huge difference between someone who speeds and someone who runs stopsigns (I say most defensively ;)).
Well said. :highfive:

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
I wear a helmet when i drive my cts.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts

Agreed 100%....I just didnt feel like typing all that:D

Way to put it into words.....:highfive:

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS
167 Posts
If its the same story I saw yesterday it was a stolen car. Several teens in the car were killed, but when I saw it it did not say it was a CTS and from the picture on the news I could not tell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts