Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering who has the fastest cts w/mods list your mods and 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times. this should be interesting. LOL :yup::yup::yup:

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
i was wondering who has the fastest cts w/mods list your mods and 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times. this should be interesting. LOL :yup::yup::yup:
I'm wondering if you're older than 15! Seems that you ask the most inane questions!

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual
321 Posts
I ran a 14.4 Quarter Mile and 0-60 5.7. I should also mention that this was done using a friends dynolicious app on a nice long flat stretch of road. I know I've mentioned this plenty of times on this site but the manual transmission in our cts's really helps with acceleration and the overall performance etc.
----------

I think these cars are plenty fast especially considering how heavy they are. Even at 3900 pounds my car is still heavy and just think the AWD coupe's are 4200+ pounds!

·
Registered
2008 SRX V8AWD- 2012 CTS AWD Wagon-'17 CT6 3.0TT
149 Posts
I ran a 12.2 1/4 mile with the sticker mod on both rear side windows!

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Yeah, it's too bad they don't show the actual car that did the run on the ticket. They used to do that way back when.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance
184 Posts
I would like to know the numbers for the AWD with 3.6DI. I bet it is a full second slower than the RWD with manual. My AWD Coupe feels only as fast as 2002 Grand AM GT I used to have that only has 175 HP from the 3400 engine.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual
321 Posts
that's a great 1/4 mile time any mods.:yup:
Thanks buddy.

My coupe is completely stock with no common bolt on mods such as; CAI, Exhaust, and tune etc. I will admit my first mod will probably be a tune as I have a dyno/performance shop just down the street from my house. I am going to see if he can tune strictly for low RPM power even if I lose some power way up near the 7000 RPM redline.

I would like to know the numbers for the AWD with 3.6DI. I bet it is a full second slower than the RWD with manual. My AWD Coupe feels only as fast as 2002 Grand AM GT I used to have that only has 175 HP from the 3400 engine.
I have driven every CTS model and I can say without a doubt the AWD coupe is faster than a Grand AM coupe GT as I had one of those brand new. The thing with the AWD coupe that kills performance is the long first gear ratio and the weight, in my opinion the AWD coupe would feel a lot better with much closer gear ratio's similar to my RWD Coupe. Not everyone enjoys a manual trans but it definitely improves the performance on these cars

·
Registered
Traded in that boat anchor
129 Posts
Man you guys on the cts side are a bunch of wimps. Now I see why people don't like the forum
About a week ago I commented on a post about a guy not wanting to buy the STS over a CTS because the STS was a V8 and he feared the fuel economy would be bad. I forewarned him that my car was only getting 14 mpg and I was unhappy with that being its a modern fuel injected V6 which I think is a valid point and I got chastised for it. I didn't realize I bought a Buick and all these old farts come on here and piss and moan at anyone that has a strong opinion about something. Performance is a huge industry here in the U.S and I have modified every car I have ever owned. Wanting to know what time someone is putting down and with what mods is a great question. If I like the results someone is getting I would consider going that route myself.

So I agree. If you are not interested about someone's question or opinion then go talk to your wife about getting your balls back out of the jar next to the bed. This is a forum and last time I checked, we live in a country where everyone has their own opinion and we should respect that right to be able to do it. Lighten up cadillac forum members.

·
Registered
12 CTS 3.6 Coupe Premium Black
103 Posts
From the numbers it looks like getting a good 60' is the biggest problem. Trap speeds should be good for mid/low 14's if you can get the car to hook.

My other ride is an 8K#, 12 sec SUV. As hard as it pulls, my 3.6l CTS is waaaay more fun to drive. Not to mention, it sure LOOKS faster. LOL

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,043 Posts
From the numbers it looks like getting a good 60' is the biggest problem. Trap speeds should be good for mid/low 14's if you can get the car to hook.
It would be interesting to see what IPF/KPE's ECU and TCU tuning do for 1/4mi times (each individually, and together). I've never driven a 2nd gen CTS, but my experience with various other cars over the years is that modern automatics really won't let you launch a car. There's always a perceptible hesitation off the line due to whatever torque management or electronic throttle limitations are programmed into the ECU and TCU, and that just kills any chance of a good 60' time.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,339 Posts
I didn't realize I bought a Buick and all these old farts come on here and piss and moan at anyone that has a strong opinion about something.
OK, I'll take offense at this remark. I'm old, and I own a Buick too. Let it be known that I previously did not piss and moan over your opinion.
Who's next ya old farts?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts