Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Trying to find out who has the fastest 1996 STS on the forum. I'd like for owners to chime in. My car as many forum posters know hits consistent 14.5 - 14.8 in the quarter mile see videos www.adumbrecords.com/hosting and I have beat several cars (some from a roll, some from a stop) that should have theoretically beat me (M3, 2004 GTO, Saleen Mustang, 2004 Turbo Subaru, etc). I'd like to hear your how fast your 96 is.

Gus
[email protected] :duck:

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
You know, there aren't all that many people who are regular posters on here. Most aren't Seville owners. Many Seville owners are SLS owners. Many STS owners own other years besides 96. So you probably DO have the fastest 96 STS here.

FWIW my ETC runs 16 flats up here when the density altitude is good (72-7500') which would be a mid 14 at sea level.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, 07 Escalade EXT
26 Posts
my buddy has a 96 sts...has a few things done to it and a nitrous kit installed, but he hasnt got the bottle filled yet...he hasnt run it yet, but i have a 98 grand prix gtp that runs 14.5's, and he pulls pretty good on me when we race...about 4-5 cars...smokes lt1's, and a few ls1's...that thing is crazy.

·
Registered
1996 STS
1,489 Posts
I was thinking that CRUZ has the fastest 96, until I realized its your thread LOL. Before I cracked the block, I used to have quite a bit of fun. New plugs and wires, fuel rail, FPR, fuel filter, air filter, cleaned throttle body and it was running like a champ.

Dont think that I could have posted numbers as you have though.

I do feel kind of special having the Z rate which has NO limiter, not even the 150 mph limiter that I keep hearing people remark of.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac STS
85 Posts
im not to shure how fast my 1996 sts is on the 1/4 mile but i know its amasing i love her i got her up to 220 km the other day. ps whuts the best oil i can use for this car? i herd somthing about moble1 synthetic but im not shur if this car is able 2 use synthetic does any one have any experience with this. i want 2 getthe most power out of it but i also want it 2 last this is my first car. whuts the best mods for cheep. thanx man

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
club car said:
im not to shure how fast my 1996 sts is on the 1/4 mile but i know its amasing i love her i got her up to 220 km the other day. ps whuts the best oil i can use for this car? i herd somthing about moble1 synthetic but im not shur if this car is able 2 use synthetic does any one have any experience with this. i want 2 getthe most power out of it but i also want it 2 last this is my first car. whuts the best mods for cheep. thanx man

220Km = 137MPH. Not bad. What tires do you have on it?

Mobil 1 is a lower friction oil. Use it and you'll probably get 137.1 MPH. LOL. Nobody flame me on this. I'm just kiddin'.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac STS
85 Posts
thanx yea i hit the limitter i am not relly shur whut i have on tires. im gesing that the orignal owenr didnt get the proformance tires cus it hit the limitter and i know it was able 2 go much faster it was still axcelarating quight quickly. it was like i put the brakes on when i hit the limiter. i wish it didnt have a limiter i would go un till it stoped going i almost garentt ti could get 2 260 maby 270km i love the car

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
STS 310 said:
I do feel kind of special having the Z rate which has NO limiter, not even the 150 mph limiter that I keep hearing people remark of.
Same with my ETC. I hear people say "Z rated means 150mph limiter" but the needle on mine was 3-5mph above where 150 is marked.

Club Car, the absolute max you should be able to get out an unlimited car would be about 250km/h. 155mph.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice to hear from 96 STS owners, I beleive the 96 was the fasest year. I'm gonna keep this car until it can't drive any more, but I am seriously considering a CTS-V when I retire from the USAF. In saying that, I may be able to pick of a used 2005 STS in a few years. I want the rear whell drive, or STS(4). For the guy with synthetic, i think syntheic oil is a no-no for this car. i simply have the dealership change the oil and make sure you get a good lube job as well. Do any of you have videos? To answer one question, the saleen I race now hits 12's in the quarter mile as he changed the gears and put a new pulley in the car. Our race (which I posted a long time agao was fun, but the Saleen did get beat. I see the guy from time to time, but he would spank me now. That's the thing about racing, any given day our STS can spank and surprise many cars. In another post I beat a 04GTO from a 40MPH-100 roll on my way to work.

Gus

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
A friend of mine has a 1996 Saleen S281

It had an unimpressive 225 (or sometihng like that) BHP as early 4.6 Modular Fords are very low powered.
Even with his Supercharger it's only pushing out 295bhp

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a chart once that showed each year,s acceleration and the 95/96 were the fastest. Maybe just the main computer.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
The computer drastically changed between 95 and 96. Not so between 93-95 although the intake manifold changed, and again not so between 96-97. I'd expect the differences in acceleration between those years would just be due to different testing conditions such as density altitude and track prep/condition.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts