Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac DeVille 4.9L
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have the fastchip for their 4.9L? Did you notice a difference? Was it worth the money?

·
Registered
'91 Sedan DeVille Silhouette Special
439 Posts
As far as I know, the Fast Chip slightly alters the fuel curve, bumps the timing (which can be done for free), removes the speed limiter, and may alter the shift points to be slightly higher, although I'm not sure about it.

I don't know of anyone who has it.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
They make one for the 4.9?!?!?!?

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
On the 307's, having the ECM bump up the timing vs the distributor helps as the timing is so high in the midrange that it can't tolerate much more on the initial, but needs a lot more on the high end.

I think the 4.9L is the same way. Needs more at WOT, but bumping up the initial isn't the best answer, allthough is DOES overall help power, BUT, if the ECM would allow for more WOT timing, and lean out top end some, I feel there is more power to be gained.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Any changes in VCC lockup? I would expect a little higher VCC speed engagement and maybe fan turn on lower (assuming that is ECM controlled)

Edahall said:
It advances the timing.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac DeVille 4.9L
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I emailed them, and they said it does not affect shift points, but it removes limiter, usually improves MPG, improves torque/hp throughout the range.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
For the LT1's, the Impala SS community is pretty convinced he does a great job. But the $350 price tag for the LT1's, owch! I'll buy the cables for my OBDII Suburban and my OBD1 FWB for $120 and TunerCat for $50-$60 and be a much happier camper!

·
Registered
93 & 88 Allante, 88 Eldorado
778 Posts
Mahalaleel said:
I emailed them, and they said it does not affect shift points, but it removes limiter, usually improves MPG, improves torque/hp throughout the range.
Advancing the timing will do the same except it won't remove the limiter.

·
Registered
192 Posts
From what I understand the fastchips alters the fuel and timing curve.

My car being a 5spd stick I think all the automatic stuff was simply turned off.

I have had this chip in my car for some time now, and I was told it boosted the 4.9 dual O2 motors up to 220hp and 290 lbs of torque.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
the dual O2 sensor engines are ont he Eldo/Seville...

but the performance is the same on dual/single... so that really dosn't make a difference...

still, a real world (crank) 220hp/290tq. would be sweet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts