Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down Grand ave. on my way to Gurnee (kinda near Chicago) and i was crusing at about 65+ and i pass up this 2000 - 2001 Mustang, it was white and it sounded so good so i decided to try and get him to race, ya know revving it up and all that jazz. He didnt go though so i sped up and came to a stop light next to this Lexus IS 300 or something like that... totally riced out... he turned on his underlights and rolled down his window and was playing some techno music from a crappy system... so i turned on my underlights and turned up my real system and waited for the green light, as i was waiting i noticed the Mustang pull up behind me... the light turned green and i punched it down and smoked the Lexus raw... it was like he was just sitting there i smoked him so bad... but as i was still down to the floor i see these lights come roaring up from behind me and i see this Mustang fly past me... He smoked me raw and he was behind me :( I asked the guy if it was a Cobra R or a Saleen or something and he said "Neither, I did it all myself." He said it runs high 12s.... and at that note i was happy because i didnt do that horribly bad against a 12 second Mustang.

Another time i was driving down this other road and it was a single lane road and i saw this Subaru behind me, riced out to the max.... i still had my numbers on the back of the car from when i went up to the strips the night before and he was riding my ass.... so i slowed down a little bit and then i hit it down, and i did that a couple of times... then the road went into two lanes and i got a stoplight right next to him.... it was green and it had this huge spoiler on it, a really funny thing to look at... i looked over and laughed at him and he said, "what are you laughing at?!" i said "Your car" and i noticed he had his girlfriend in the car and was probably trying to show off... he was like "yeah we'll see whos laughing"... so the light turned green and i hit it down and just about immedatly i was a car length ahead of him and i looked in my rear-view mirror i could just see him getting smaller and smaller in my mirror.... stupid ricers, they try too hard...

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
You said it was white........and you asked him if it was a Cobra R......... :histeric: do you know much about cars? Cobra R's only came in the redish orange color. but unless the guy painted the car white *which I highly doubt* that would pretty much kill the resale value that the car has.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
If the car didn't look like that, with the exhaust pipes coming out the side, and a deep sounding loud exhaust then it was either a V6 kit car or just not a Cobra R. And dave, screw you dude.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trust me i know plenty about cars... i knew it wasnt a cobra R i just have never seen a Mustang that was that fast.. so ya never know, its a posiblity..... i drive a 1992 STS with the 4.9L NORTHSTAR (yes NORTHSTAR) it was the original Northstar, a prototype before the official came out... it has 32 valves just like the Northstar and i have a Port and Polish done, i have a K&N filter and i have a racing cam...

·
Registered
174 Posts
kgjg8588 said:
trust me i know plenty about cars... i knew it wasnt a cobra R i just have never seen a Mustang that was that fast.. so ya never know, its a posiblity..... i drive a 1992 STS with the 4.9L NORTHSTAR (yes NORTHSTAR) it was the original Northstar, a prototype before the official came out... it has 32 valves just like the Northstar and i have a Port and Polish done, i have a K&N filter and i have a racing cam...
Man, I don't want to sound like an ass, that is not my intention. However, if it is indeed a Northstar (I beileve you) wouldn't it have 4 racing cams?? My 4.6 N* has quad cams in it...maybe the 4.9 N* is different, I just don't know.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Sean McDonald said:
Man, I don't want to sound like an ass, that is not my intention. However, if it is indeed a Northstar (I beileve you) wouldn't it have 4 racing cams?? My 4.6 N* has quad cams in it...maybe the 4.9 N* is different, I just don't know.
Didn't you see what he said!? He has the awesome "PROTOTYPE" Northstar :worship: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
AKPsiMC03 said:
ditto. I wanna see some pictures
I would like to see them too but with the engine cover off. BTW called a friend at the cadillac dealer and he told me that there was NO PRODUCTION 4.9L northstar. He never heard of it either but he said that doesn't mean its not out there. Basically one didn't go through that specific dealership

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
But on a serious note, I called my buddy Bob Lutz *some of you might have heard of him* and he tells me that only cool people would have the privledge of having a 4.9 Northstar in a STS. But in kgjg8588 terms, I asked this kid from school and he told me so!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
This discussion is worthless without pics!!!
Searched the web for cadillac motors and still NOTHING with a 4.9L NORTH*.
Blackout has it right This discussion is worthless without pics!

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
You said it was white........and you asked him if it was a Cobra R......... :histeric: do you know much about cars? Cobra R's only came in the redish orange color. but unless the guy painted the car white *which I highly doubt* that would pretty much kill the resale value that the car has.
You can't just expect eveyone to know this and laugh at them if they don't, thats why I called you an ass.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Please if you call yourself a car guy/buff and you can't tell the difference between a Mustang and a Cobra R then you know nothing about cars
I agree on that one. My GF knows the difference on that one

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Can we try to get somewhat back on topic here, I'm not really sure what that is, but lets try anyway

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
He was just generally asking what it was, I doubt he actually thought it was a cobra r.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.