Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I see some conflicting information on the fast blink issue with our cars using LEDs. Some say it will not happen, others have the issue. I am considering LEDs for all outside lights. The first ones I would do are sidemarkers and front turn signals.

What has been your experience/fixes for any issues. Are there any LEDs with built in resistors to provide a load?

For the record I have a 2005 V.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
All,
I see some conflicting information on the fast blink issue with our cars using LEDs. Some say it will not happen, others have the issue. I am considering LEDs for all outside lights. The first ones I would do are sidemarkers and front turn signals.

What has been your experience/fixes for any issues. Are there any LEDs with built in resistors to provide a load?

For the record I have a 2005 V.

Thanks.
Sup buddy. I have LEDs in my sidemarkers and they work fine. Just pulled the bulb and put the LED in. As for the front signals... I am going with these http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/SilverStarSignal/default.htm behind my clear lenses.

I've read before that for what ever reason putting LEDs in the front signals that you almost always need a load resistor. The load resistors are cheap and easy to do tho if u really want LEDs for your front signals. Good luck!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
Sup buddy. I have LEDs in my sidemarkers and they work fine. Just pulled the bulb and put the LED in. As for the front signals... I am going with these http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/SilverStarSignal/default.htm behind my clear lenses.

I've read before that for what ever reason putting LEDs in the front signals that you almost always need a load resistor. The load resistors are cheap and easy to do tho if u really want LEDs for your front signals. Good luck!
do you know what LED will match a 10K HID kit for the little light in the corner? if you do can you tell me what to look for thanks

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
do you know what LED will match a 10K HID kit for the little light in the corner? if you do can you tell me what to look for thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-HID-WHITE-SUPER-REFRACTOR-5-LED-BULBS-194-168-158_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33713QQihZ018QQitemZ280120560631QQrdZ1QQtcZphoto

They match my 10000k low beams PERFECTLY! I have them in my WW tinted sides and in my corner lamps. Thanks to Jon for telling me about these LEDs. :highfive:

I just installed the 10000k bulbs today. They look nice! I'll get pics up later... I'm gonna do my HID fog kit tomorrow I think.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
I have put LEDs in my corner lights, sidemarkers and turn signals.

The only lights that need load resistors are the turn signals. I ordered some last week and they have arrived but haven't had the time to put them in.

I recommend using LEDs in the turn signals instead of halogens (even if they are clear bulbs) because when they flash they look nice and crisp. Just alot better. The resisrots are like 6 bucks a piece.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
90 Posts
What load resistors did you get? and where did you get them? I'm fixin to change my side markers to LED and would like to change my DRL to LED also, thinking of using the switchback LED, anyone tried that yet?

thanks

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Apparently the switchback method does not work. Luv has tried and failed.

I got the load resistors form www.autolumination.com at this page.

6 OHM DELUXE ALUMINUM
50 watt LED Load Equalizer
$6.99 each.

Probably need two more if you do the rear turn signals, not sure about brake lights. EASY installation though. Watch it, they get really really hot.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
i put some leds in my turn signals and now it blinks faster than it did before, but thats it.

is this a problem?

maybe it is, because me drls don't work anymore. (i didn't bother doing anything because i don't like them on all the time anyway!)

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
It's not a problem, but that is the way to fix them. It won't hurt your car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts