Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was getting ready to exit my 2013 CTS-V the horn started beeping. I looked for a message on the dash and it stated something about parking. I had just set the e-brake and have a 6 speed manual so it shouldn't have been prompting me to put it in park. I have the owner's manual but thought I would get a faster answer on here.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Was anyone else in the car? If my wife is with me her fob will cause the car horn to beep 3 times when I close my door before coming to open hers.

·
Registered
12 Wagon Hennessey 700, SB wheels, Corsa
160 Posts
If you open and close your door without exiting, it thinks you have exited and left your fob in the car. The 3beeps are an alert to that situation. It caught me a number of times until I figured it out.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you open and close your door without exiting, it thinks you have exited and left your fob in the car. The 3beeps are an alert to that situation. It caught me a number of times until I figured it out.
Maybe that's what i did. I don't recall opening and then closing the door while I was still in it, but that makes the most sense. I also have a 2014 SRX that I would get out of the car while the wife was still sitting in the passenger seat, with her key in her purse. When I got out quite a few of the times I would walk around the car to open the pass. door and the wife would hand me our Boston Terrier. Every time I did this the horn would beep 3 times before I got but 1/2 way around the car. It would startle me every time, until I figured out how to disable that function in the settings.

·
Registered
2015 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Crystal White Polished Wheels Sunroof
146 Posts
It happened to me the first time I left my fob in the car ,exited, and closed the door. I sometimes leave the fob in when its parked in the garage and I know I will use it again that day. I think its a good feature.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
It's call key fob reminder and you can't turn it off. Annoying as hell. You can turn it off on the newer Cadillacs, but not on the V2. I am well aware that I leave my key fob in the car. I do it on purpose when I park in my garage at home. I don't to worry about leaving the fob in my pants pocket and then having it go through the washing machine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts