Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a fun ride, definitely the most powerful and best handling sedan I've ever owned. Mostly fond memories as I close this chapter on my book of cars.

To summarize my Pros & Cons of owning a V-Sport:

Pros

• Incredible kick in pants power, the delivery is amazing
  • Precise handling with little or no body roll...extremely stiff chassis
  • The brakes are amazing, they truly are
  • Mostly reliable, the few issues I experienced were caused during a dealer service
  • Beautiful inside and out, I personally really like the look of this car
  • Fast, fast fast...this car begs you to go go go

Cons

• Overly stiff suspension, had wished that Touring mode offered a more subtle ride
  • Compression from the shocks are short and rebound is aggressive, kicks you around a bit
  • Pirelli P-Zero Run Flats handled superbly but were too jarring of a ride (easily remedied)
  • Dealer service on GM Extended warranty claim was terrible, they denied me a claim when they should have honored it
  • Fast, fast fast...this car begs you to go go go (luckily no tickets during my ownership)

This was a very special car, one that I'll never forget. Traded it in on a Lexus LS 500 equipped with an air suspension for my aging, weary bones.

Should anyone ever aske me if I would recommend this car, the answer would be "hell yeah!". My only advice would be to forego the GM Extended Warranty (save your money) and either work on it yourself or find a good mechanic. For the most part, these cars seem to be reliable.

Have fun everyone!

TZ250

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
1,403 Posts
I’d have changed the tires ASAP. Once I put on Michelin Pilots on both my 14 and 17, they changed the ride entirely. Oh so smooth…

Overall, a great review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 CT6-V, 2014 CTS V-Sport Premium /04 SLS / 06 STS-V LC3/14 Chevy SS/ 08 Dodge Magnum RT
143 Posts
It's been a fun ride, definitely the most powerful and best handling sedan I've ever owned. Mostly fond memories as I close this chapter on my book of cars.

To summarize my Pros & Cons of owning a V-Sport:

Pros

• Incredible kick in pants power, the delivery is amazing
  • Precise handling with little or no body roll...extremely stiff chassis
  • The brakes are amazing, they truly are
  • Mostly reliable, the few issues I experienced were caused during a dealer service
  • Beautiful inside and out, I personally really like the look of this car
  • Fast, fast fast...this car begs you to go go go

Cons

• Overly stiff suspension, had wished that Touring mode offered a more subtle ride
  • Compression from the shocks are short and rebound is aggressive, kicks you around a bit
  • Pirelli P-Zero Run Flats handled superbly but were too jarring of a ride (easily remedied)
  • Dealer service on GM Extended warranty claim was terrible, they denied me a claim when they should have honored it
  • Fast, fast fast...this car begs you to go go go (luckily no tickets during my ownership)

This was a very special car, one that I'll never forget. Traded it in on a Lexus LS 500 equipped with an air suspension for my aging, weary bones.

Should anyone ever aske me if I would recommend this car, the answer would be "hell yeah!". My only advice would be to forego the GM Extended Warranty (save your money) and either work on it yourself or find a good mechanic. For the most part, these cars seem to be reliable.

Have fun everyone!

TZ250
Nice review. How many miles did you drive your V-Sport? I have a 14 V-Sport and mine has been superb no issues at all for some 36K miles. I am thinking if the V-Sport rode softer it would not have handled as good. Mine rides better than the 14 Chevy SS I had; and it seemed like my SS was always in the shop for something (its now my son's problem)
Did you ever drive a CT6 ? (I also have a CT6-V) they seem to ride a bit softer in tour than the V-Sport

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI Premium, 2014 CTS VSport
2,779 Posts
I think you'll miss the VSport.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d have changed the tires ASAP. Once input on Michelin PIlots on both my 14 and 17, they changed the ride entirely. Oh so smooth…

Overall, a great review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you.

I did change the tires soon after purchasing the vehicle...I put on Continental Extreme Contact All-Season tires and they were a huge improvement in comfort over the P-Zeros (though not nearly the performance).

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice review. How many miles did you drive your V-Sport? I have a 14 V-Sport and mine has been superb no issues at all for some 36K miles. I am thinking if the V-Sport rode softer it would not have handled as good. Mine rides better than the 14 Chevy SS I had; and it seemed like my SS was always in the shop for something (its now my son's problem)
Did you ever drive a CT6 ? (I also have a CT6-V) they seem to ride a bit softer in tour than the V-Sport
Hi slsgxpgtpman, I purchased my Vsport with 5k miles and traded it in with 60k miles so I put on 55k miles.

I agree with you and can attest that the Vsport's suspension, along with the stiff chassis, is what made it handle so well.

The 2 technical issues I encountered occurred AFTER I picked up my car from the dealer after having just the oil changed. I suspect that there was a bad apple in the Service Department that test drove my car and caused 2 issues. When I picked up the car from the oil change, it had a check engine light and the engine shook terribly. I made a U-turn and went back to the dealer Service, they said the CE light pointed to a failed cat on the driver's side and the engine vibration was due to a bad motor mount. Both were repaired under warranty but I suspect it was induced by the Dealer Service technician that took it for a test ride.

I did test ride the CT-6 (but not the 6-V), it definitely rode smoother than my Vsport and was roomier too. Test rode the Audi A8, BMW 7 Series and a Mercedes S class too, preferred the ride and looks of the Lexus LS 500. They were all super nice cars, it got down to splitting hairs.

·
Registered
None
23 Posts
I have 2014 VSport with 50,000 miles. Bought it with under 5000. I love this car. Everything you describe is accurate. I personally love the stiffness of it. It handles so nice. I’ve looked at new Cadillac’s and honestly prefer this one. I know I will miss it. Good luck with your future cars :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have a 2014 premium and agree with you 100%. I bought mine with 7,500 miles on the clock and it is now at 102k. I have a ZZP intake system and a Trifecta 100 octane tune on it so I have to add 1/2 oz /gal of Boostane to get the octane up to the level of the tune. The performance increase is mind numbing over the standard T-tune. With the recent cost of gas with the added cost of the Boostane and a 35 mile rt commute I bit the bullet and bought a Chevy Bolt a month ago for my commuter (and I actually love this little car, but that's another story). I put a cover on my Sporty during the week and then take it out for romps on the weekend. I'll probably keep it for as long as I can.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2014 premium and agree with you 100%. I bought mine with 7,500 miles on the clock and it is now at 102k. I have a ZZP intake system and a Trifecta 100 octane tune on it so I have to add 1/2 oz /gal of Boostane to get the octane up to the level of the tune. The performance increase is mind numbing over the standard T-tune. With the recent cost of gas with the added cost of the Boostane and a 35 mile rt commute I bit the bullet and bought a Chevy Bolt a month ago for my commuter (and I actually love this little car, but that's another story). I put a cover on my Sporty during the week and then take it out for romps on the weekend. I'll probably keep it for as long as I can.
Funny enough here, I am looking at getting a V-Sport car, but given that average fuel prices are $6.50 here and rising, I have also been considering a Chevy Bolt honestly. Oddly enough I would love to here more about the experience with both of these. Feel free to PM me to avoid derailing this thread, unless anyone else wants to hear about it.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport Premium
13 Posts
Funny! I have a 2014 V-Sport premium that I bought new and that I'm thinking of selling. I had a new 18 Bolt Premium that I leased and then turned in a bit early...the dealer covered the remaining payments...and then bought a new 20 Bolt Premium since I liked the other one soooo much and it was a super great deal on top of that! The Caddy is a beautiful car that runs and drives great but it just seems like it doesn't fit my driving needs at this point: ( As far as car buying goes, the Caddy was not one of my better purchases due to the big money but I figured I would keep the car for maybe 20 years like I did with my 98 Pontiac Grand Prix GT and then the depreciation wouldn't have seemed so bad and since I take good care of my cars I could have sold it for relatively good money? Now the Bolt purchase turns out to be one of my better purchases with the crazy cost of gasoline compared to the cost of charging, plus I had solar installed on my house which pretty much covers all my electric use, like heating/cooling the house, charging the car, etc, except water heating which is by fuel oil/boiler. Solar for me was more of a safe investment since I had the money to pay for the system and the return on investment is safe, plus at the time it was still eligible for the 30% fed tax rebate:) It really looks like I'm a going green fanatic but I'm really not;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts