Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 fleet brougham
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up Cadillac fam. Well lets be honest, if we are family I am the family member who moved outta reach or contact from anyone and never looked back. While I wasnt the guy to post every single thing wrong with my Caddy I do know that you guys hate people who come on here to type a question, get an answer, and leave. MY BAD!:hide:. I have missed yal and have always been secretly looking on here for car info, updates on the pics, and sales (love 2 see 93-96 FWB's). Some of you probably dont give two shits about me or my disappearance, which is cool, but some of you know where I am coming from.

Since the last time I posted something I have recently had a newborn boy in June who was actually born on the same day as my 3 year old daughter (I am SERIOUSLY considering getting "fixed"). This will be "fun" seeming as though they are from different mothers and her mom can be a class A bitch around that time of year. I also bought a wedding ring earlier this month for my sons mother and plan to ask her to marry me in a couple of weeks when I come up with the "perfect" proposal" but she has no idea :shhh:. Everything else is so minuscule when compared to that (besides the car).

Now about my car and a couple of issues (you knew it was coming). First of all, she has treated me well as we come up on our 1st year anniversary in two weeks. However she is pissed off at me a little as I have had these other distractions as of late and have been neglecting her a little.

I'll list what going on with her, least to greatest.

1. ABS light is on but no leaks from brake fluid. Every time I take her out to start her day off there's a stop sign out of the neighborhood and I damn near have to stop a mile early to avoid it sliding into traffic (which really almost happened the first day the light came on). If I press the brake too quickly it seems like the passenger rear tire slides and has actually made some tracks from it (only to begin the day). Why only when I first take her out? Anyone input?

2. My digital dash is out. I have an FSM to see how to take it out but damn, does anyone know of a simpler way

3. My window is totally out in the rear passenger. I have already received so much info from yal about that. Me and my dad looked at the directions i got from the Impala forum like "what the hell". They are the best directions i have come across but think I need a video or something because I AM VERY SSLLLLOOOOOWWWWW and Im the type who needs to see someone do it for me to get it. While there is only one window that doesnt work completely, the rest of them sound as if they are coming off track or something but hey at least they come down.

4. Just recently my passenger side seat is malfunctioning. It wont move back and forth correctly like something jams it up or off track or something. I looked under the seat and didnt see anything but I plan on taking the seat off to see what i can see. Also, this is for both sides, the recline just stopped working. No noise when clicked or nothing. It does nothing. So my pass seat is stuck in gangsta lean mode and when my grandmother got in the other day it looked like she was at the spa or something getting her toes done.

5. Trunk pull down which I disabled and oh how I miss that yellow button. I hate cranking my car to find out I have to take the key back out to go into the trunk. I HATE THAT, but hey things could be worse.

6. Other cosmetic stuff. Not really important at the moment.

Phew, man that was a lot of shit to type. For those who do read this sorry its so long but just had a lot to say I guess. Any feedback from yal is welcome. Thanks yal.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade ESV
417 Posts
Since the last time I posted something I have recently had a newborn boy in June who was actually born on the same day as my 3 year old daughter (I am SERIOUSLY considering getting "fixed").
Don't worry about getting "fixed" (or broke as i call it). Just find something else to do in September.:lol:

I finally bought a TV...it only took four times to figure out what was causing it.

Good luck....with the Caddy and the younguns

·
Registered
93 fleet brougham
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry about getting "fixed" (or broke as i call it). Just find something else to do in September.:lol:

I finally bought a TV...it only took four times to figure out what was causing it.

Good luck....with the Caddy and the younguns
That was funny but my "fiancee" jus looks SO much better than my 42" right now. Think I should go bigger? 70" maybe?:hmm:

Did you ever have those problems occur on your 95?

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
congrats on the new baby and the future wedding plans.

As for the car troubles...my ABS light is on all the time but doesn't give me any stopping trouble.

Why did you disable the trunk pulldown?

·
Registered
2011 Escalade ESV
417 Posts
So far...knock on wood...I haven't had any of those sorts of problems. But those are the sorts I hate the worst. The ones that allow you to still operate the car, and therefore you never find the time to fix them. Next thing you know you are sick to death of it and then you sell it.

Just hang in there and tackle them one at a time.

·
Registered
93 fleet brougham
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
congrats on the new baby and the future wedding plans.

As for the car troubles...my ABS light is on all the time but doesn't give me any stopping trouble.

Why did you disable the trunk pulldown?
Thanks man!

As far as the ABS I am going to check my brakes and believe the fronts need to be changed. However, I have never done this and I am waiting on my friend to get back from vacation in Canada next Tuesday so he can show me how. I refuse to pay a shopto do my brakes. Has anyone changed the brakes on these cars? Anything I should be aware of before I begin?

The trunk pulldown went out and wouldnt close/open on command. I tried to switch the motor out with one I found on a lincoln but wasnt completeley sure on what I was doing so I just disabled it and do it manually now.:banghead:

·
Registered
95 triple black fwb
890 Posts
first off congrats on the newborn!!future caddy enthusiast!

abs light is most likely a wheel speed sensor gone bad I/M/O
there easy to test thats go's the same for you matt!)

the digi cluster is easy to change out
I have a few of them,
Im 90 % sure on matts 95 its the plug at the drivers rear control arm thats loose, if he cleans it up his light will go off
if you have an ohms meter Its a simple test to determine if
its good/bad

good to see you back....Jim

·
Registered
93 fleet brougham
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
first off congrats on the newborn!!future caddy enthusiast!

abs light is most likely a wheel speed sensor gone bad I/M/O
there easy to test thats go's the same for you matt!)

the digi cluster is easy to change out
I have a few of them,
Im 90 % sure on matts 95 its the plug at the drivers rear control arm thats loose, if he cleans it up his light will go off
if you have an ohms meter Its a simple test to determine if
its good/bad

good to see you back....Jim
Jimbo, thanks. Good to hear from u all 2. I kno that grandaughter of yours is keeping you busy.

Before i loook in the FSM, where is the wheel sensor, what does it look like and how do I test it?

I was confused by your post. and wasnt sure who/what you were talking about. Can you address how to take out the digi cluster again and the easiest way to take it out, I think the FSM wants me to do way too much or either im just too slow. I spoke to u before about replacing but i think im going to send it to mr whizards to get it fixed?

Also, while I got u here, anything I need to know about FWB brakes? (the fronts) I plan on changing them this week.

Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
Jim, I'm ganna get around to checking that one of these days! I'm just so lazy and busy lately, haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts