Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 seville sts that just started giving me eratic and false gauge info, so far it has been the tire presure readings like the rf presure is 118# then in 5 min it will be gone and read the normal presure, when the tank is full the fuel gauge will read empty the low fuel alarm will go off and in 5-10 min the gauge will bounce back to full and be fine, the engine temp gauge will go from med temp to red line and the warning will go off and tell you to idle the engine drive if you drive 5-10 min the gauge will return to the normal readind and the alarm will end. Never had any trouble like this before and was wonder what to do? The car starts and runs and drives fine, any ideas?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,006 Posts
Read the thread in Cadillac Technical Discussions in Technical Tips: How to pull codes in an OBD-II system or close...........You don't need a code scanner: it's all built into the car.

That may give you a start in finding your problem......Has the battery recently gone dead, is it the original battery, or has it been changed ?? Check all your battery connections - both ends.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Sounds like a charging system or battery issue. Follow the advice provided above.

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just replaced the battery and all my interrmitent electric problems went away, thanks for the advice!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts