Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine (Bill, you on here?) has a V ('05 I think) with real nice-looking calipers, look to be 4-piston. You can't see the pistons and the caliper doesn't look like a full floating design. Looks closed, cast in one piece, with the V logo on them. Car is silver, beautiful car.

There's a different CTS "V" in white diamond that I've seen frequent our local Wal-Mart. Beautiful car, but I suspect a fake. The calipers look like run-of-the-mill floating calipers like what you'd see on any other ride, and I don't think CTS-Vs were available in white diamond were they?

It's a fake right? I didn't get a real good look at anything else (like grill). Stock-style dual exhaust was present, but looked aftermarket.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
5 lugs or 6? If 5, its fake. Real Vs have 6 lugs.
Its like breasts....if ya gotta ask, they probably aint real....

F

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Its like breasts....if ya gotta ask, they probably aint real....

F
F,
You once said rather than ask, it's better to just take 'em for a test drive.
Hope you ain't mellowing...?

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Lolz @ F.

V not available in White Diamond. Fake.

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They were not V wheels, but the lug area was covered by a cap, so I couldn't count lugs. They DID appear, however, to be the same style wheels off new CTS cars, the chrome wheels with 10-15 spokes. I don't know if those are exclusive to a package (like the Bose package) or anything else, but they were NOT stock V wheels. That should have told me something right there, I'm sure aftermarket wheel options for you guys with 6 lug hubs are few and far between.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
What size tires? If they are less than 18" then I believe it to be a fake.

Sometime last year I was dropping my roommate off at a Nissan dealership. The techs there said that my V is probably fake. Instead of punching the guy in the throat I simply dropped the clutch at 5k and burned out sideways leaving so they could hear the LS6 scream.

Moral of the story: people are usually jealous of what they don't/can't have. And, I hate shit talkers.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
F,
You once said rather than ask, it's better to just take 'em for a test drive.
Hope you ain't mellowing...?
OBC,

Mellowing, nah. Caffeine was wearing off....Ill be my old self soon enough. Nice catch!:worship: good work.

F

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Does the car actually have the V logos on it or is it a sport model with the mess grill on the front and a V bumper/facia ?

I've seen a guy around here with a black CTS like that. He hasn't put V logos on the car, just everything else.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Does the car actually have the V logos on it or is it a sport model with the mess grill on the front and a V bumper ?

I've seen a guy around here with a black CTS like that. He hasn't put V logos on the car, just everything else.
Lambo doors on a leased car......that cat is brilliant! Maybe it was 2-fiddys car :stirpot:

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
A friend of mine (Bill, you on here?) has a V ('05 I think) with real nice-looking calipers, look to be 4-piston. You can't see the pistons and the caliper doesn't look like a full floating design. Looks closed, cast in one piece, with the V logo on them. Car is silver, beautiful car.

There's a different CTS "V" in white diamond that I've seen frequent our local Wal-Mart. Beautiful car, but I suspect a fake. The calipers look like run-of-the-mill floating calipers like what you'd see on any other ride, and I don't think CTS-Vs were available in white diamond were they?

It's a fake right? I didn't get a real good look at anything else (like grill). Stock-style dual exhaust was present, but looked aftermarket.
Probably belongs to twofitty :tisk:

There's a Black Raven fake in my area that belongs to a real estate agent. First time I saw it I turne around and parked behind it, I noticed something wrong about the exhaust. I looked in the window and it was an auto. I talked to the lady and she said when she bought it the dealer offered to put the badging and grille on it so "it would look just like the bad one". I mentioned she wasn't fooling anyone.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Does the car actually have the V logos on it or is it a sport model with the mess grill on the front and a V bumper/facia ?

might be me

no logo = no posing and when i will run against a stock v with funny gas

but ill prolly still loose :mad:

maybe i should get ctsN20 emblems LOLOL just kidding and emblems that are not stock are ghey except a "Supercherged" one on a maggied v

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Infared, 2013ATS, 2016 ATSV
918 Posts
A friend of mine leased a 2006 CTS. His is Black with performance option. From the back it looks like a V but without the logo. 245 - 18" wheels, Chrome dual exhaust. Easy to mistake unless you look close. Of course it has regular grill.
Bruce

1 - 20 of 29 Posts