Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fake DTS gig is pretty much done. Still looking for the front fasica with the foglights. Also need the front grilled plate cover.

Anyways about $1200 start to finish. This price does include selling the old wheels/Michelin setup on eBay.

Anyways....

Black out trim upper chrome moldings.
Swap the grille.
Paint lower rockers and F/R bumpers
Paint rear panel
Wood steering wheel
DTS emblems
By far the largest cost...eBay chrome wheels and new Michelins.

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3768672/1062664446989_fake_008.jpg

Project was a very worthy effort. Car looks GREAT!

Logan

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
the only thing that would throw it off as a deville is the seats and the column mounted shifter but other than that it look good.

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sal Collaziano said:
Looks great!
Well, thanks. I really like it.

Yes the seats are a bit different. But not much. The column shifter should raise some eyebrows.....actually has more welcomed room inside. I must be getting old...

As for the flashing mirrors. Those came out on the '03 models. Thank god. I think they are terrible. I would have to disconnect those if I had them.

What have I become? I use to drive Z28s.

Logan

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Logandiagnostic said:
Well, thanks. I really like it.

Yes the seats are a bit different. But not much. The column shifter should raise some eyebrows.....actually has more welcomed room inside. I must be getting old...

As for the flashing mirrors. Those came out on the '03 models. Thank god. I think they are terrible. I would have to disconnect those if I had them.

What have I become? I use to drive Z28s.

Logan
Really? You'd disconnect them? I think they look awsome, especially from behind, at night, they definetyl get attention and tell people you are driving something special. IMO. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts