Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the forum a few weeks ago, and have learned a great deal about these cars! Right now I am in the process of finding an ETC to call my own. I've been having a great time shopping, but I'm beginning to wonder what would be a 'fair' price for a 1997 or 1998 ETC with approximately 50K on the odometer. I am seeing a large variance in price as I shop around, and would love to know what a safe 'ballpark' price is for this car. Is $15000 a bit much for a mint-condition '97 that just broke 50k?

I hope to make a purchase in the next week or two, and the first thing I plan on doing is putting a large extended warrenty on whatever ETC I end up buying! They've saved me from huge bills in the past, and are generally a great contract to have as far as I'm concerned!

Thanks for the input - it's greatly appreciated! Once I have secured an ETC, I'll post some pics!

-Scott

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Nothing can replace good maintenance.... If you find a one owner, who has gone overboard with maintenance, then 15k wouldnt be too much...... Personally, Id rather pay a little more to pay a little less later....

The northstar can be sensitive to ill-maintenance (especially the cooling system), so finding one with a good maintenance history is key to many happy miles.....

Also, you might consider getting an aftermarket, extended warranty! It may cost a little, but I guarntee you wil be glad you had it!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just yesterday I found a great ETC for 14K. All service records, never driven in the snow, and kept in a garage under a cover for it's entire life. Has only 50k on the clock, and looks, smells, and drives like new. Most importantly, it has complete service records, and has always been serviced at the same dealer. I think it's a fair price for such a perfect example of a well-kept car. Does that sound like a decent price?

The first thing I plan on doing after buying the car is to put the warrenty on it. I had an exteneded warrenty on my '97 pontiac grand prix, and it paid for itself 3 times over. I needed two new power window motors, a power window control switch, new alternator, and a few other odds and ends, which in total came to a bit over 1600 dollars... the warrenty only cost me 650! It's a great piece of mind to have, especially with the complexities and expenses of a cadillac.

Thanks for the input!

-Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts