Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS 3.6 AWD
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the window regulators and windo motors a chronic problem with the sts and other caddies. I own a Bonneville and visit a the Bonneville user forum regularly. The window regulators and motors fail all the time with these GM cars. Is it the same with all GM cars including the STS?

·
Registered
92 Posts
i've been driving cadillacs since 1991 , and this is the first time i hear about this probelm . never happened to me before touch wood

·
Registered
2006 STS 3.6 AWD
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read in a post in the sts or cts forum and the person commented they were driving and the rear window just fell down. It would be a failing regulator. Again, a very cronic problem with the Bonneville. When one of mine failed the dealer tech stated they were in all gm cars. This would mean it should be a problem in all gm cars. For the short time I've been visiting this forum, I haven't seen this to be a problem.

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
208 Posts
malatu said:
I just read in a post in the sts or cts forum and the person commented they were driving and the rear window just fell down. It would be a failing regulator. Again, a very cronic problem with the Bonneville. When one of mine failed the dealer tech stated they were in all gm cars. This would mean it should be a problem in all gm cars. For the short time I've been visiting this forum, I haven't seen this to be a problem.
I owned an 1982 Olds for 13 years, a 1990 Buick for 8 years which remained
with a family member for 6 more years, now a 2005 STS.
I have never had a problem with a window regulator or window motor.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Over the past 25 years, I have had half a dozen Cadillacs and have never had window problems. Ever since Cadillac forums and news groups have been available on the Internet, I have read them and have never seen this problem. By the way, this is an STS forum, not a Bonneville forum.

·
Registered
2006 STS 3.6 AWD
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blue Chip said:
Over the past 25 years, I have had half a dozen Cadillacs and have never had window problems. Ever since Cadillac forums and news groups have been available on the Internet, I have read them and have never seen this problem. By the way, this is an STS forum, not a Bonneville forum.
No Kidding? Thanks for the helpfull insight. Please forgive me if I've offended you. If you read my post again, you will see I was inquiring about this problem in gm cars, referencing one in particular, the Bonneville. In contrast, I'm new to this forum and I've never owned a Cadillace and am considering the sts. :canttalk:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 97 sts and my front driver side window wouldn't go up so I got it fixed and now it won't go down

·
Registered
94 Seville 2006 STS
149 Posts
I also have been driving caddys for 25 plus years and never had any problems. Tomorrow we pick up the wifes 06 sts v6. I still like my sls though.

Ralph

·
Registered
2016 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette
525 Posts
I have owned 6 STS's and have not experienced this problem. Bonneville's are notoriuos for electrical problems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts