Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Eldorado (Gone) ; 2001 Seville SLS (RIP) ; 2005 DeVille
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if my 01 Seville is able to sense when an exterior light is burned out and then notify you. I would be surprised if it didn't, after all it tells you everything else.

Dustin

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,794 Posts
I don't believe it does. Sure miss those fiber optic lamp monitors.

·
Registered
1991 Eldorado (Gone) ; 2001 Seville SLS (RIP) ; 2005 DeVille
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those fibre optics were pretty cool. My 91 Eldorado has them.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,794 Posts
Trench said:
Those fibre optics were pretty cool. My 91 Eldorado has them.
A touch of class that was distinctively Cadillac.

·
Registered
85 Eldo Biarritz
808 Posts
They were (and are on my 85 Eldo) awesome! Optical, so there was nothing to break in them. Quite useful. So, they got rid of them...
:(
Peteski

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
Ranger said:
A touch of class that was distinctively Cadillac.
I agree. They were on my 89 Deville.

That would be a 'fun' mod. going to a yard pulling all the old fiber optic cable from an older cadillac and running them in my seville into the dash somewhere.

when i was a a really young kid, the 'red eyes' above the back seat always mezmorized me when it was dark. :)

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Usually your first indication is a turn signal that blinks at an abnormal rate when compared to the other.
When you start your car and your parked against something, look to see if both headlamps light up against whatever it is.
The rest of the bulbs you just have to check periodically or wait until you get pulled over.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
ewill3rd said:
Usually your first indication is a turn signal that blinks at an abnormal rate when compared to the other.
When you start your car and your parked against something, look to see if both headlamps light up against whatever it is.
The rest of the bulbs you just have to check periodically or wait until you get pulled over.
anotherq quick way is when you unlock the car, the lights all flash and hold on for a few seconds...if you have it setup that way in the DIC Programmable Options.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
My lights on at unlock, at night time, stopped working. Only the interior lights would come on.

I then saw my DRLs shining off a car bumper in front of me, and noticed one of them was burned out. I replaced the hi-beams with my original yellow bulbs, and they come on at unlock again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts