Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
The Cadillac crests on my 2007 Escalade have both faded.
The red areas within the emblem have faded badly both on the front emblem and also the rear emblem and I wondered if anyone knows if there is a company out there that can re-color them? I know they are quite expensive to buy new so Im hoping that theres somewhere that can give them a new lease of life and put the red areas back in.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Hi,
The Cadillac crests on my 2007 Escalade have both faded.
The red areas within the emblem have faded badly both on the front emblem and also the rear emblem and I wondered if anyone knows if there is a company out there that can re-color them? I know they are quite expensive to buy new so Im hoping that theres somewhere that can give them a new lease of life and put the red areas back in.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
They are very cheap and easily replaced, you can find them new on ebay, you can buy just the emblem with or without the crest, have replaced them on several customers cars over the past few years, you can get a complete set for under $100.00, and I have already purchased them complete for $50.00

·
Registered
Caddy EXT
646 Posts
I have had the front one replaced twice , the new (new style ) one seems to be even cheaper than the last , corroded underneath the plastic within a matter of months. The emblems on our Chevy vans have done the same thing but we are able to paint them black . They aren't expensive .

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
36 Posts
I found them on EBay as well for pretty cheap. My question is how to get them off??? Heat gun? Mine has horrible gold emblems on the front and back! The PO left everything else crome. Thank God!! When it warms up I want to replace them asap!

·
Registered
none
234 Posts
Warrenty issue? Mine looks as if its peeling the black part around the emblem that is. I got my dealer to replace te black plastic around the window because the the clear coat peeled might want to ask about this

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I found them on EBay as well for pretty cheap. My question is how to get them off??? Heat gun? Mine has horrible gold emblems on the front and back! The PO left everything else crome. Thank God!! When it warms up I want to replace them asap!
Fishing line or dental floss does great for removal, a hair dryer helps of cold days, wipe down with rubbing alcohol before apply the new emblem to make sure there is no dirt or debris

·
Registered
2004 Escalade
4 Posts
I came up with a cheap and easy fix for this. I bought a roll of red refective tape from the bike store, then laid it out over the red areas of the emblem. I used a sharp X-Acto knife to cut them to the exact shape and size of the red areas of the crest, and they look fantastic. You have to get within 6 inches of it to see that it is tape on top of the emblem. it has been on there for over 3 years, does not fade or peel (even after washing every week), and it has a cool reflective property to it when the light hits it at the right angle, even in daytime. All this for about $3.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
I came up with a cheap and easy fix for this. I bought a roll of red refective tape from the bike store, then laid it out over the red areas of the emblem. I used a sharp X-Acto knife to cut them to the exact shape and size of the red areas of the crest, and they look fantastic. You have to get within 6 inches of it to see that it is tape on top of the emblem. it has been on there for over 3 years, does not fade or peel (even after washing every week), and it has a cool reflective property to it when the light hits it at the right angle, even in daytime. All this for about $3.
Wow, nice job. Sometimes a simple affordable fix is all that is needed. Beats spending dealer cost for the emblems.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Platinum 16
382 Posts
Just replaced my front emblem, $26 on eBay....used a plastic pry tool to remove it, removed/cleaned most of the double sided tape residue left behind from the original....put the new in place and voila....

·
Registered
none
234 Posts
becarefull when you remove the emblems. when i was removing mine to put on my vogue grille I ended up taking off the paint all around it and I had just gotten them replaced by the dealer. I dont know how they did it but when I did it it peeled the paint right off

·
Registered
'07 Escalade
116 Posts
becarefull when you remove the emblems. when i was removing mine to put on my vogue grille I ended up taking off the paint all around it and I had just gotten them replaced by the dealer. I dont know how they did it but when I did it it peeled the paint right off
I think hcvone has the best solution for this " Fishing line or dental floss does great for removal, a hair dryer helps of cold days, wipe down with rubbing alcohol before apply the new emblem to make sure there is no dirt or debris ".

·
Registered
Caddy EXT
646 Posts
I just got another front emblem! This one lasted less than two months. I Dont bring the truck in just for the emblem,but someday the warranty will be up,there isn't any trick to stop the foil from corrosion behind the clear plastic is there?

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Platinum 16
382 Posts
Got it from eBay seller am714ind, not sure if he has more because he didn't know what model the emblem was for until I had him look on the book for the part number....easy job to complete, 15 minutes I was done

1 - 20 of 28 Posts