Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the factory mesh XLR-V grill assembly directly fits the 04-05 (non-mesh) models.

What I'd like to do is order a factory replacement XLR-V grill and swap it out for the standard one.

It looks like the "Grille Assy XLR-V" can be had for under $400 from a quick online parts catalog search. I would want to verify though if that is the complete assembly (frame, mounting, etc.)

Thanks from this newbie!

·
Registered
All Sold now driving 2018 CTS Cadillac 09 CTS and 97 Seveille STS recently sold a XLR
53 Posts
I recently swaped out a V grill from automotive concepts took about an hour. When I was at Bowling Green I examined the V grills on V cars it looks like the end of the hood is different where as the AC one is stainless and glues on. I actually like the AC one a little better because of the Stainless vz chrome since the Stainless is poslished you canlt tell the difference. The real difference is the AC one has a black metal backing behind the Cadillc emblem where as the factory one is all mesh. Its more of a personal decision I guess. Good luck either way. Oh ya I did not install the bottom center full stainless grill as I like the blacked out look across the entire bottom. jim

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I am almost sure I remember reading some posts where a fellow figured out that it wasn't possible due to the differences in the hood and the front piece.
Do some searching.
I don't have a V here to look at right now to double check.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Will, You have disappointed us. We thought you knew everything about everything. No, that was Koz.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
Cadillac XLR
18 Posts
The V grill will not fit the XLR. The front of the hood is different. You will have to buy an aftermarket instead of a GM V grill. The aftermarket grills are more, around 5 hundred. Over priced if you ask me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts