Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who makes the best factory service manual for a 94 Deville? Found a couple by Chilton, , Haynes on line. Not much else with a google search.

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,714 Posts
Helm's (not Chilton or haynes) is the factory manual, and the definitive tome.
Check E-bay.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
Don't waste your money on Haynes or Chilton - they're too generic. Either get the Helm manual or subscribe to Alldata. Alldata has the Helm factory service manual scanned and organized. I'd say about 85-90% of the FSM data is there. Definitely everything most DIYers would need. You can susbscribe here:

http://www.alldatadiy.com

Jim

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
I have the factory manual (Helms), and it has everything you'll ever need to know to fix anything on your Deville!

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Look for the factory service manual on ebay. It shouldn't cost too much and it's better then those other manuals. The Haynes manual for my Cadillac is pretty crappy. But I have one for another car I have and it's pretty good. I don't know what the one for your Cadillac is like tho.

·
Registered
'87 SDV
1,296 Posts
brougham said:
Look for the factory service manual on ebay. It shouldn't cost too much and it's better then those other manuals. The Haynes manual for my Cadillac is pretty crappy. But I have one for another car I have and it's pretty good. I don't know what the one for your Cadillac is like tho.

Ditto that. You might pay 40 bucks for the GM manual, but it'll pay for itself many times over.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody for the info. Am going to be on the look out for GM or Helms manual. Already have an email alert on e-bay for them. If anybody has one for a 1994 Deville and they want to sell it, let me know.

·
Registered
07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS
453 Posts
Try Helm's in Michigan directly online. Somebody made a recent post that said that they have a half price sale on at the end of the year right now. My three volume set was not cheap, but is invaluable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, don't need the web address found it www.helminc.com . Ouch, they have the manual, but for $105.00 I'm going to have to keep an eye on e-bay. They're closed for the new years holiday and no 1/2 price sale going on that I could find.

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
Somewhere in the early 90's and I could be mistaken, someone correct me here, but GM decided to split their Factory manuals up, it used to be that all the information would be contained within one or two or three volumes. Now they do not give unit repair information on transmissions, if you order a later 90's vehicle and you want the transmission info, you have to pay to get another two volume set. Now it would be for all vehicles in that model year, but I think they should have stuck to having the info in one place. Again, if I am wrong, I will stand corrected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
caddydaddy said:
I have the factory manual (Helms), and it has everything you'll ever need to know to fix anything on your Deville!
DOES IT SHOW THE REAR QUARTER MOLDINGS FOR THE 95 SEDAN DEVILLE...I NEED INFO ON THE MOLDINGS DRIVERS SIDE REAR QUARTER...CAN YOU HELP..ANTONY14

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
Yes, the factory manual shows all the trim mouldings for the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts