Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
eldorado billy said:
Where can i purchase a fsm? Can i buy a fsm online? I heard that i can buy a fsm online and download it over the internet
You cna look on Ebay or order one directly from Helm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,i was just wondering if that i could download a manaul online tonite,i am in the middle of tearing down the car tonite.I have been looking for a online service manual that i could buy online and downlaod,no luck.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
Try alldata.com I believe you can get the info online but there's some kind of fee I believe.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have alldata.com. It is no where near what the FSM can provide. Put your money towards the manual instead of alldata.

You won't be able to download the FSM. They are several thousand pages in size and they want a chunk of money for them. I noticed that they've cut the prices in HALF! At least for my 99 ETC they did. You name it, it's in those manuals.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Rock,I don't have a alldata.com subscription but was considering getting one. Is it really a waiste of money kind of like a Chilton manual?

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you have the FSM, then Alldata is indeed a waste of money, but Alldata is better than nothing at all, and probably better than a Chilton's.

You can find almost any electrical diagram with Alldata, and all the codes and their meanings, but other diagrams and useful information are extremely short in supply. It also lists all TSB and Recalls for your particular vehicle.

However, a lot of the info is useless to a DIY'r because it's stuff like how many repair hours should be estimated for a given job and what parts would be replaced... stuff that a repair shop would want for estimate/billing purposes.

If it's my Caddy, I ALWAYS use the FSM. I use Alldata (or another, see below) for the "other" cars.

There's another service, similar to Alldata, run by the Mitchell Manual people. I thinks it's a little better, and has more easily accessible info, but again, it doesn't come close to the FSM.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Thanks alot Rock. I have a FSM but I was just curious about the site because I was going to apply when all I had was a worthless Chilton manual. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts