Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with a 2007 STS. His driver door will not open with fob and his seat and steering wheel move to certain position, which he does not want. He and I do not know how to get to settings thru Driver Info Center (with is what it is called in my DTS) Any help on how to reset all personalize setting back to factory would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a friend with a 2007 STS. His driver door will not open with fob and his seat and steering wheel move to certain position, which he does not want. He and I do not know how to get to settings thru Driver Info Center (with is what it is called in my DTS) Any help on how to reset all personalize setting back to factory would be greatly appreciated.

I can not upload photo of his dash but whatever screen to use to reset.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 4.6L
581 Posts
Well he should probably buy an owner's manual. At any rate, hit the CONFIG button, then it should be in the memory setting, driver position. There is no "default" factory setting, it is whatever you set it to in the memory setting.

·
Registered
2005 STS
283 Posts
No. Plus no key, just fob with push button start/on/acc.

I strongly suggest that he acquire a physical key as soon as possible for when, not if, the vehicle battery goes dead. I went through 4 batteries during my time of ownership including one that only lasted 5 months, which Autozone replaced. Very hard to enter car without the key.

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I strongly suggest that he acquire a physical key as soon as possible for when, not if, the vehicle battery goes dead. I went through 4 batteries during my time of ownership including one that only lasted 5 months, which Autozone replaced. Very hard to enter car without the key.
I agree to having a least one set. We were finally able to get to setting after pushing config, everything is back to factory except driver door will not open from outside?

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,035 Posts
That would be the door handle microswitches (probably - but could be antenna - there is a process to diagnose). Plenty of info about it on the forum. Affordable DIY fix if inclined but it's kind of a tricky job and I've been working on cars for almost 19 years.

Or take it to the dealer and pay like $600.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts