Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'06 DTS Performance
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Cross-posted to AAG site]

Is your owner's manual hardbound or spiralbound? The one that came in my glovebox from the previous owner was hardbound and all the descriptive pictures inside were in black and white.

I recently I came across an OEM manual for another '93 A and couldn't help but notice that it was spiralbound and with all the pictures inside printed in color!

Realizing that my copy was a reproduction and not the original I called Helm Inc. and ordered what I thought would be the "original" manual. What I got was the same hardbound (glued spine) manual with black and white pictures.

After many, many phonecalls to Helm (to ask why I got what I got, to return the one they sent me, to beg for the manual the phone clerk discribed to that was in her hands) they finally gave me a phone number to another OEM manual outlet called FAXON (800) 458-2734 in Riverside, CA.

I immediately called FAXON and ordered 'another' OEM manual.

The good news is, it was CHEAPER than Helm Inc. The other good news is, it WAS THE CORRECT MANUAL (ie. spiral bound with color pictures. And the bad news? None.

Just thought I'd pass this info along in case you are trying to make your car and items assiociated with it as original as possible.

..rickko..

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
So are you just going to try and ebay the rest of the manuals??

·
Registered
'06 DTS Performance
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
elwesso said:
So are you just going to try and ebay the rest of the manuals??
I've got all the documentation I need now. Even a 1993 original Cadillac brochure. :)

..rickko..

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts