Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 92 Seville STS w/out the bose setup. I have no radio and am wondering if a factory radio from a 93 or 94 Seville will work as long as its not for the bose setup? If not what factory radio's would work in my car?

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
I would consider it a blessing and go with aftermarket if I where you. My car has bose 4.0 and I have to stick with what I got otherwise I would probably have to drop at least 2k to go with aftermarket.

·
Registered
2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K
787 Posts
Yeah non-bose is a blessing in desguise. Im not the biggest fan of my factory Bose setup but like dwight said it would be rather expensive to go aftermarket on a bose system. But to answer your question yes you should be able to pull one from another Caddy as long as the plugs match up. I dont think the radios changed from 92-94 so u should be ok.

·
Registered
1994 STS "CADDYSNACK"
84 Posts
I also agree. I replaced my original factory cassette deck (control head) with the factory Bose deck (with CD) in my 94 STS. It works fine and hooks up to the same connectors. Easy to do. Just make sure you have a deck (control head) from 92-95. The change get you a CD player and the cost is usually around $40-60 used.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks alot, I just wanted to be sure before I went to a junkyard and started looking at what I could find.

The car came with an aftermarket deck not hooked up but I like having everything look "stock".

·
Registered
1993 Eldorado
10 Posts
Hi, well i got a 93 eldarado from my brother needs a bit a work, the most important a transmission, but the radio was stolen so there this big hole in the panel I was wondering how would I know if I have the bose setup or not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts