Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title pretty much spells it out. My factory deck will accept a cd, you can hear the head move but the cd never spins up. The deck eventually throws a CD ERROR message, is this a common problem? Please tell me I can fix it myself.

My car is a 2000 Seville SLS, non-Bose. I just bought it and never thought to check operation of the CD transport.

Looking at the adapter kits, it seems that the Bose and non-Bose head units should be interchangeable. Or am I mistaken?

Thanks to all the regular posters, this board is a wealth of knowledge. :worship:

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
yes on a 2000 SLS you can swap between bose and non bose hus
so long as it came from a 1998-2001 Seville or Eldorado you can use it
avoid Cateras and Devilles

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any advantage with going with a Bose unit? How about a Nav unit? I don't care about the nav function, just the radio and CD.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
pends on your cars options
NO YOU CANNOT USE THE NAV UNIT THATS BOSE ONLY!
if you didnt have rds youll have it now with bose

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is RDS?
I don't understand how a standard Bose head unit will work with my non-Bose but the Nav is Bose only.

I like the way the factory stuff looks and works, but given the cost and limitations I may have to go with an alternative solution.

I have a really nice JVC touch screen DIN unit that I may end up using instead.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Radio Data System some radio station emit their station id and song ids and will display them on the radio instead of just the frequency.

the Nav needs the bose amp, they have a special communication, the other radios are the SAME radio only one says Bose on it and includes RDS

not to mention the Nav radio used a newer 02+ data class system hence why i told you, you need a 98-01 radio....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts