Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Factory Cadillac wire wheels

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  dee Mont 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 Fleetwood Brougham and have found some factory wire wheels not covers but the actual wire wheels offered I do believe 1978-85 as optional wheels. I hope they will fit my 95 fleetwood brougham rwd, there were no lug nuts with the wheels which brings me to my question, what style of chrome lug nuts fit those wheels just acorn nuts or the one's with the shank on them. I figured they would look unique for that year and I haven't seen to many of these wheels around anymore. Thanks in advance:D

#8 ·
I hear you guys about most people not wanting to mess up the stock look but I see a lot of FWBs with 17 or larger rims, on low profile tires. Those just don't look right to me. The cars look like they are on tippy-toes, too delicate and dainty. If you hit a pothole or even a low curb much of the impact energy will get transferred to the suspension arms and frame (not to mention the wheels), rather than absorbed by a taller tire. Things can crack and you have to be careful driving the car. For me not much different from bolting a 454 up to a 4L80E ;-)

Taller blackwall tires on 15s, like that black Electra has, give the car an unstoppable, get-away car look. When I get my FWB I'll show you what I mean but the Electra comes damn close.

The chrome covers and wide whitewalls on that 72 SDV give it an interesting 50s cruiser look. I agree perfect for a convertible!

#10 ·
I'm looking for some 86-92 Brougham wire wheels for my 68 DVC!!! I can get repros of late 50s early 60s wheels, but would prefer to have the real Cadillac wheels from the Brougham era...

And i agree that with oversized wheels and nothing-there tires, you're just asking for big time trouble, especially on a large heavy car like the Fleetwood & Brougham. Besides, it looks stooopid to me.

#12 ·
Those wheels on the Buick are factory correct "Chrome Road Wheels," option code "V2" available on rear-drive Buicks with the larger 5" bolt circle from the mid-'60s, until being phased out on the rear drive Electra Estate wwagons around 1987. After that, the rear drive Buick wagon's option rim is an alloy type until the newer style Roadmaster was introduced. Designed and built for Buick by Motorwheel, theyare steel, and most commonly available in 6" width, although 15x7" were found on the wagons. They are my favourite wheels ever, being elegant, tough, purposeful and beautiful all at the same time. Motorwheel also produced a convincing hubcap version... At least when viewed head on (the centercaps stick out ridiculously from the side of the car! :D ).

My '71 Boattail Riviera rolls on its original set, and I have a mint set of the fake hubcap version as a garage decoration. This set is crying out for correct-width whitewalls and chrome lug nuts. That's my V2 rant for today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.