Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm the proud owner of a fresh polo green 94 Seville STS and new to the forum :)

My issue, however, is sound. I notice a lot of static over fm/am and when playing CDs. As I drive, the static seems low-- but, after some time it starts get louder and then it crackles. If I leave the radio on, turn the car off and open my door, I hear a loud "Pop" sound. I've adjusted the knobs to hear how it sounds from the front/rear, left/right and the static sounds the same all around. I have all factory radio components, original amp, and have been thinking about a modern stereo upgrade-- but I'd like to pinpoint/resolve this issue before adding any new tech to this technical masterpiece. Have any of you guys experienced this with your rides? This enthusiast needs a bit of advice :)

V/R,
STS Ghost?

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
75,407 Posts
Welcome to CF !!! Let's move this up to the MUCH more active Seville forum. You don't need to shout (bold type) - we all hear pretty well.

A good Polo Green (Seville) Seville Touring Sedan is a fine looking car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So...Has anyone had any radio issues like mine? I'm thinking this issue could have to do with the factory amp or power mast antenna, based on some things I've researched online.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys/Gals.

I've been thinking of a stereo receiver upgrade with bluetooth/nav/backup cam capabilities from crutchfield. If I get it, it'll come with an amp bypass harness. I'm going to follow through with installation once I figure out what's causing static in my speakers. That'll dictate if installing the new system will be a DIY project or a trip to a professional audio installer. Otherwise, I have a few other questions:

1-- how might the bypass harness affect sound in the vehicle?
2--can removing the factory stereo or replacing the amplifier negatively affect the anti theft system or ECM?
3--If anyone has installed a backup cam on their 90's Seville or any caddy, did you wire it into the tail light or run an extension from back to front?

V/R,
STS Ghost?

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado Touring Coupe &1999 Eldorado Destroyed by Tim Carroll/CCC
67 Posts
2--can removing the factory stereo or replacing the amplifier negatively affect the anti theft system or ECM?
3--If anyone has installed a backup cam on their 90's Seville or any caddy, did you wire it into the tail light or run an extension from back to front?

V/R,
STS Ghost?
Good questions. I don't know the answers as my Eldo is all stock. I do know that GM/Cadillac marketed these cars as THE NORTHSTAR SYSTEM. I believe that making any changes to these cars has the potential to adversely affect The System.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts