Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this for a non bose cts? Also, does this amp power all of the speaker? Like, the 4 doors, 2 tweeters, mid range AND the "sub"? ...and... do you know if I could just switch out all of the speaker and the amp, but still retain the stock factory wiring? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
when can i find the speaker specs to see what the stock speakers can handle when upgrading to an after market amp?
I wouldn't even bother, Bose or base they won't handle it. If you want to go with an aftermarket amp replace the speakers too.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It is simple, just remove it. Look at it in your car. Four nuts on the four corners, then unplug the harnesses. Or vice-versa. Does not matter.

The amp is custom to the car. You cannot just swap it for an aftermarket unit directly. It also controls the door chimes and has some other control signals that the head unit needs.

If it is blown then you can swap for the same part numbers on the amp. You can upgrade the speakers. But if you want more sound I suggest to keep it simple and get an aftermarket sub amp. Read the FAQ section for easy directions on how to do that and what people have used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
greenmachineiijh