Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Factory Alarm System Upgrades

3093 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  baller95
I have a 2005, DeVille DTS that just suffered a break in. The thieves smashed the driver-side window and did all the work from there. The never opened the door, and the alarm never went off. I would like to add a proximity and/or glass breakage sensor to the factory alarm. I really don't want to go aftermarket on the alarm unless it is a direct plug-in like the radio interfaces. Does anyone know the pinout and location of the factory alarm module? I'm an electrician and could easily design a circuit to add additional modules.

Bobby
1 - 2 of 7 Posts
Unkut,

Thanks for the replies. I will look into it. I feel confortable with it. I've done many car stereo and alarm installs (used to work in the business). What I like doing these days is integrating as much of the stock as possible. I'm aware that cadillac has the Pass Key system, bus system, etc. These could all flake out with aftermarket parts as with the radio interface modules that are out there. What I was really wanting is a schematic showing where the door sensors enter into the alarm, computer, etc. I was simply going to install the sensor and tap into one of those lines and isolating with a diode. I've done this many times in the past with stock alarm systems or with alarms that don't have accept those type inputs.

Bobby
1 - 2 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.