Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new alarm system on my 97 STS. Prior to having this alarm system installed, I never heard the factory alarm go-off... But since this new alarm was installed I now seem to have the factory alarm working as well!

Well, it's kind of a problem because when I turn-off (disarm) my new alarm with its remote, and open the car door, the factory alarm will occasionally go-off. When this happens, I have to close the door (while the horn is blowing out of control
) and stick the door key into the door, turn it, and the factory alarm will then shut-off. This is embarrasing at times, and just plain'ol noisy! Somehow, when the key enters the door it turns-on the interior lights and disarms the factory alarm. If anyone can tell me how to make these two alarm systems work in harmony, I'd really by greatfull; there's got to be a little wire somewhere that'll do the trick

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Take the door apart, and look for the switch that is activated when you turn the key. Connect this to a disarm output on your system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts