Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V , Supercharged C6 Z06
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter weather hasnt been fun, but managed to get this thing finished. Very easy to do can be done for around 100-150 dollars. Car feels good and sound great. Guys that dont have exhaust will be able to hear the turbos spooling much better than me with the Corsa. But with that said, if you crack the window down a bit and lay into it you can really hear the turbos spool and it sounds great and a little wastegate chirp when you let off it. Power wise i think it feels a little stronger up top, the main problem here is still dealing with the factory paper filter. K&N says they are working on a drop in for us so that should help as well.

And forgot to mention the best part. The factory intake can be re-installed in less than 5-10 minutes.

As you can see in the 2 pics, factory box is still in place, but now everything is smooth and straight. No baffles, no silencers, no more kinked rubber tubing. I do plan on running the car in a few weeks to see what picked up wit the intake and corsa. Any questions or if you want the parts on how to build your own let me know.

v intake 1.jpg v intake 2.jpg

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
I'd like to know how you got the plastic resonators off of the turbo. I've looked down there and it looks like it has a wire ring that you maybe pinch or you open up and it pulls off the turbo? And also how did you access that area, from the top of the engine or from below the car. Also,on the passenger side, did you take the coolant reservoir and move it out-of-the-way to get access down there?
If you would please take a few pictures of the end of the plastic resonator that hooks onto the turbocharger so we can see what that little mounting system looks like. what is the diameter of the turbo inlet? Where did you get those (silicone?) boots? And what size are they?
The stainless steel please piece that you have on there, well the original plastic pipe that has that big cover on top of it, I tried to pull the cover off only to find out that it was also a resonator or muffler. I broke it off of that Center plastic tube so I had to run down to PepBoys and get a 3" chrome plastic intake tube! I can notice a little more turbo sound with just that piece. Well last night, my wife commented that she likes the turbo sound. So I'm interested in getting some more sound of my intake system too. I would like to replace the plastic resonators that you gutted out with some tubing, I would just need to plumb the blow off tubes and then there's one little sensor that has to be bolted back into.
Please post any pics and measurements that you have for us do-it-yourselfers! Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V , Supercharged C6 Z06
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll take pictures tomorrow of the connectors but i did not have to remove anything extra to get them off. That being said, you basically need 2 flat head screw drivers to pop the clip on both sides of the duct and once they are popped out the duct pulls right off. The connecting end of the duct is 2 inches.

Most of the parts came from www.pegasusautoracing.com. The 3 inch T hose connects the aluminum pipe to the airbox and has a 1 inch opening that is fitted with a hose plug with whatever fitting size you want to attach a vacuum line connector.

A 90 degree elbow reducer 3 inch to 2 inch which is used on the passenger side duct. The 3 inch aluminum pipe came from vibrant(which they sell at pepboys), it was 18 inches long so i did have trim about 5 inches off of it for everything to fit right. The drivers side duct connects with a 2.75 inch 90 degree elbow right to the airbox.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
Got it. I have bought from Pegasus before and recently got a catalog in the mail. Think I'll comb through it!

When you put the plastic resonater back on, do you just push it on and the wire ring will snap in place?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
55 Posts
I'll take pictures tomorrow of the connectors but i did not have to remove anything extra to get them off. That being said, you basically need 2 flat head screw drivers to pop the clip on both sides of the duct and once they are popped out the duct pulls right off. The connecting end of the duct is 2 inches.

Most of the parts came from www.pegasusautoracing.com. The 3 inch T hose connects the aluminum pipe to the airbox and has a 1 inch opening that is fitted with a hose plug with whatever fitting size you want to attach a vacuum line connector.

A 90 degree elbow reducer 3 inch to 2 inch which is used on the passenger side duct. The 3 inch aluminum pipe came from vibrant(which they sell at pepboys), it was 18 inches long so i did have trim about 5 inches off of it for everything to fit right. The drivers side duct connects with a 2.75 inch 90 degree elbow right to the airbox.
Any idea on intake temps?

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,724 Posts
Looks similar to the XTS VSport, just turned 90 degrees. Did both aise have pcv and what did you do to them? I can see one in the front of the XTS but not sure about the rear. On the front there is a pod receptacle for collecting oil, I'm sure.

·
Registered
CTS Vsport
28 Posts
Nice to see some ingenuity. We need more of this to support our community. A detailed "how to" with pics would be great! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts