Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/performance_parts/index.html?item=1855

"At EPP, we designed our CTS-V/ProCharger kit back in 2005. We would only sell these kits on in house installations only, due to the complexity involved. We have always had inquiries on whether we sell these as kits that someone could install on their own, but recently we have had several overseas customers want us to sell a basic kit that they could add their own intercooler assembly to.

This new kit includes the ProCharger bracket assembly, ProCharger main bracket spacer, the ProCharger F-1A head unit, ProCharger crank pulley, ProCharger blower pulley, ProCharger blower belt, ProCharger race bypass valve, ProCharger inlet hat, ProCharger crank key bag, K&N air filter, ATI Performance Products harmonic balancer, and an EPP power steering bracket.

You will need to supply:

Intercooler and intercooler plumbing, Boost A Pump, Fuel Injectors, Spark plugs, Radiator fan and a Dyno tune."

This may open up a new world of FI for V owners that don't live anywhere near EPP....

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V with 2 carseats in the back and a f'ing minivan
607 Posts
:eek:That seems pretty pricey to not include the intercooler and plumbing. Unless you could fab up the plumbing on your own that could get expensive fast.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an F1-A. It is what Bob Johnson is running...(rlj5 aka skydiver). Capable of 800+rwhp.

They might sell a D-1SC kit for a little less.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V with 2 carseats in the back and a f'ing minivan
607 Posts
I missed the F1-A part, still no good to me without a built motor. Maybe they would sell me the smaller SC for 3K:sneaky:

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
I was one of the people who inquired about that kit... but the F1a is a little too big for my poor stock 364.... I had the idea of building a LSX on the side so that when my motor went I'd have a forged alternative to drop right in.... maybe this is just another reason to do so......

·
Registered
Cadillac
203 Posts
Im intrested to see the pricing on a D1/HU with the IC and plumbing just need the tuning i have Diablo for that :cool2:

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Alright fellas...now lets start seeing those Maggie's for sale :)

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Im intrested to see the pricing on a D1/HU with the IC and plumbing just need the tuning i have Diablo for that :cool2:
So how much can you sctually do with diablo? Are you talking about a reflash, or can you just change A/F, timing etc...

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Ok asking questions here because I don't know:

on a D1/HU compaired to a maggie, which one is more reliable, ease of maintenance, time between overhaul, cost!! and possible power gains?
I know a whole lot of questions:thepan:

My point would be...it would be cool to not have the problems with maggie...belt slip...magnavolt etc...or would you dive into other problems with the procharger

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts

on a D1/HU compaired to a maggie, which one is more reliable, ease of maintenance, time between overhaul, cost!! and possible power gains?

My point would be...it would be cool to not have the problems with maggie...belt slip...magnavolt etc...or would you dive into other problems with the procharger
I think the procharger will give you more power, but you don't wanna push too much boost through a stock motor.
You don't need to maintain a Maggie. And they should last a long time.
Don't know about belt slip on a procharger, and you only get it on a Maggie if you mess with the pullley.
You will need some kind of boost a pump for the procharger. Not too many people having problems with the magnavolt, as long as they get good ground.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
I think the procharger will give you more power, but you don't wanna push too much boost through a stock motor.
Don't know about belt slip on a procharger, and you only get it on a Maggie if you mess with the pullley.
You will need some kind of boost a pump for the procharger. Not too many people having problems with the magnavolt, as long as they get good ground.
uugh.....I've read too many stories on here about maggies with problems....If and If I went FI vrs stroker I want something that screams and is reliable

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I thought this was being offered as a stand-alone kit for some time now.

It's been mentioned before, but keep in mind the prochargers are going to be making a lot more noise at idle - a lot of whistling/whirring. There's no mistaking it's there, whereas a maggie s'pretty much silent at idle. If that matters to you...

·
Registered
2,114 Posts

It's been mentioned before, but keep in mind the prochargers are going to be making a lot more noise at idle - a lot of whistling/whirring. There's no mistaking it's there, whereas a maggie s'pretty much silent at idle. If that matters to you...
uugh.....I've read too many stories on here about maggies with problems....If and If I went FI vrs stroker I want something that screams and is reliable
I guess not.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So how much can you sctually do with diablo? Are you talking about a reflash, or can you just change A/F, timing etc...
I think he means he lives near Diablosports' actual shop where they do custom tuning.

Prochargers require just oil changes I believe, every 10k miles or something?

Maggies require no maintenance for 100k miles when it is recommended they be serviced by Magnuson.

I definitely had maggie issues initially, but since I got good bearings put in it and securely grounded the magnavolt, I haven't had a hiccup in 7000 miles. I am pretty sure that the magnavolt issue has been solved with the grounding.

EPP has always offered a Procharger kit for V's, but they were only offering them for in-house installs. They sold a couple kits a while back and a couple of shops that were installing them F-d them up so bad, EPP stopped selling them as kits. I believe for two of those f-d up installs, [email protected] has the cars sent to their shop and they fixed and completed the installs on their own dime. They are a classy shop for sure.

And yes, a procharger will be loud at idle and maggies are pretty much silent with the hood closed. If your bottom line is power production and you want > 500rwhp, procharger is the way to go.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,005 Posts
Certainly a more involved install, but generates plenty of power. The missing items in the kit can't put the hardware over, what, $6k total? Add a tune for $5-600, and the cost per RWHP is way low ... < $30? ... <$25? That's a bargain!

What kind of boost levels are we talking here? Is that why the internals have to upgraded (forged)? Guess I didn't factor that cost into my numbers above. :banghead: Still, not bad ... not bad.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, reliability. Don't know much about that. I do know, however, my maggie is very streetable. Heck, don't even know I've got one until I put my foot into a bit. EXCELLENT driveability! And as 510 said, once you get things sorted out, there's nothing to do except drive the darn thing. Zero maintenance in two years and 10k miles now for me.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
thanks for all the inputs..

ya I don't care at all how load it would be, I guess I got over loudness when I went headers and X-pipe lol...

I'm still waivering on going FI or N/A with a stroker kit....I only have 20K on the car and right now I'm leaning on going FI... then if I blow the motor one day I can rebuild it with forged internals, lower the compression and up the boost.....:yup:

I just need more V power!!!!! Way more V power!!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
203 Posts
Sorry for the late response but yes i mean Diablo the shop is in WPB FL, Ive seen to many bearing issues with maggies i haven't seen any belt slippage problems with a procharger and im sure on 10lbs depending on your mods [basis on mine i would make close or around 580rwhp or so] i see stock motor cars with no bolt ons making about 500rwhp on 10psi.

Noise wise is preference i love the nasty whistle from a procharger, i don't believe at all that 500rwhp is pushing an ls6 with a good tuner.. Diablo here made almost 800rwhp on h/c/i TT stock bottom end ls6 vette on pump with very little timing conservative cars been running for over 5-6months i believe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts