Trunk Convenience Net
Auto. Dimming R/V Mirror
Auto. Dimming Driver Side Exterior Mirror
Remote Fuel Door Release
Digital Dash
Trumpet Horn
Full Length Padded Vinyl roof
Traction Control
The following items were exclusive to the Sixty Special, and not available on the DeVille:-
Electroluminescent "C" Pillar Wreath/Crest
Rear Seat Package Shelf Storage Compartment
Dual Illuminated Rear Seat Vanity Mirrors
Fender Skirts
Genuine American Walnut Wood Interior Trim
Rear Seat Reading Lamps with Individual on/off Switches.
Unique Sew Style Cloth Seats
Unique Sew Style Leather (when optional leather was ordered).

IF the DeVille was ordered from the factory with a full length padded vinyl roof, it INCLUDED the Electroluminescent Wreath/Crest on the "C" pillar, otherwise the DeVille did not have it, whereas if the standard Full Length Padded Vinyl Roof was DELETED on the Sixty Special it still came with the Illuminated Wreath/Crest.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Well, the options my DeVille has, according this this is:

Pwr. Trunk Lid Pull-Down
Trunk Mat
Driver & Passenger Ill. Vanity Mirrors
Auto. Dimming R/V Mirror
Trumpet Horn

I have the gold badge package as well, want a trunk net, driver side diming thing mirror stuff would be neat, the digital dash is neat, but might get annoying after awhile, I have the Landau top, only back half of room is covered in vinyl. ....Also, I though all Cadillacs had the auto pull down trunk thing...oh, I have leather interrior too.

I'd like to find the real wood inserts, maybe it would make the car look better?

I personally think this style car looks real bad with the rear fender skirts

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
The 1991 Sedan DeVille had that storage compartment on the back shelf. I wonder why they dropped it?

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably because nobody could figure out what the devil to put back there! :bonkers:
My dealer gave gifts of a first aid kit, and I placed that back in there 10 years ago. It must still be there!!!

Wolf, if you go waaay back deep into the Cadillac history, you will find that in the fifties the 60 Special was always a loooooonger version of the standard length Caddy. I think the fender skirts make the car appear longer than a deVille (1993). Cheap way to achieve the "hark back to the era" of the REAL Sixty Specials......

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Thats really a good idea, the auto diming side mirror! I didn't know that any car even offered that, and all cars should have 'em.

Night Wolf, bite your tongue!! :D The fins and skirts are what make these cars unique. (I call them half fins) Nothing can touch these for tradition, and class.

My brochure mentions that 1991 was also the first year for real wood (American Wallnut)

1991 also was the first year for the following on the FWD Fleetwood:

EZ cool tinted glass
Remote keyless entry system
Automatic power door locks, with central door unlocking feature
Child safety manual rear door lockout (sedans)
Oli-life indicator
Climate control, two way sensor
Padded dual sunvisors with extensions and European style clips
Rear seat air distribution duct
Brake/transmission shift interlock
The wood of course
15 by 6 alum. alloy wheels
4.9 liter engine
4 speed auto trans, with electronic shift
CCR ride
Driver's seat memory settings

My brochure also shows something that baffles me! A button when the trunk is open, so you can unlock all the doors for your waiting passengers (while in the trunk) Which cars had this? Mine has the hole for the yellow button, but no button.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"My brochure also shows something that baffles me! A button when the trunk is open, so you can unlock all the doors for your waiting passengers (while in the trunk) Which cars had this? Mine has the hole for the yellow button, but no button."
_____
That is because YOUR car, like the majority of the build, has the "Security Package" ~ that being the Remote Control Entry Key Fob and the Theft Deterrant System. It is assumed that if you are "in the trunk" that you have keys (remote) in hand. Therefore that button just inside the trunk's lip is redundant. Furthermore, if you had locked the doors before exiting the car, and used your inserted key into the trunk lock to manually open the trunk, and then pushed the button to open the doors for some reason, the anti theft (honking horn) would go off. On cars that were NOT equipped with the Security Package, you'll find that yellow button!

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Pardonez-moi, but there is an '88 Fleetwood Brougham in a local boneyard that has real wood trim that covered the dash and also the door controls, window controls, etc. Unfortunately, some Neander-Toad in the boneyard ripped and broke the main dash piece and chewed through the rest with the business end of a screwdriver. I want to find some that have not been treated this way for my '88 Deville. If I can't find them, I will make a set as I have a nice piece of walnut and the tools/talent to do it. It would just be alot easier to find them ready-made. In a pinch, I will use the "plastic-wood" ones that are on mu DeVille now.

Options on my '88, according to the above are:

pwr trunk release
remote fuel door release
digital dash
automatic pwr door locks
sun visors with extension thingys
trunk mat
trumpet horn - (I have 4 horns under the hood)

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
You're right Sandy. If I had a compartment back there I don't know what I'd put in it. I think for 1959 and later the sixty special was just a trim upgrade and it was the 75 series that stretched them. The wheel skirts do make it look longer and how the vinyl roof ends at the back there almost has an older look to it too.

From what I remember of the the sunvisors on the 90s ones are the same as the 80s ones. The 80s Fleetwoods had real woodgrain trim too but it's not as nice as the 90s stuff. It looks more like painted plywood. Ones from a Fleetwood Brougham wouldn't have fit your car anyway :p

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
oh, my car is one of the last Cadillacs for tradition....huge chrome grille, hood orniment, vertical rear window, tail fins, slim vertical tail lights, horizontal speedo, the chrome door handles with seperate button etc... I can go on and on..... I am just saying, the style of my car looks bad with the "skirts" they do not blend well, too much gap....and just don't look nice....

....the rear storage comparment on the Sedans was nice...wish I had it..... all those extra features you mentioned in '91 my car has...the unlock door button thing in truck is very convient and came in handy quite a few times already.......

I can go on but it is 12:35AM and I am tired:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey ralph did you say that 91 was the first year for real wood??? cause i have real wood in my 90 fleetwood. also, does anyone know if the lighted side crests on my car have replaceable bulbs or would you have to replace the whole badge when they go out. im fearing the later...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Entire unit - about $87.00 or so, per side. Let the dealer do it, as it's (or can be) tricky. The crest has 2-sided very stick tape on the back. It has to be slowly peeled away, so as not to rip or tear the vinyl material. Then it pulls out a little (not for fat fingers) and unsnaps sorta, you you connect the new one & peel off the protective paper and put back into posistion. I have found that they last about 5-6 years. Better hurry, the aren't making them any longer, and when stock is gone...it's gone!
BTW, it's not a bulb! It some very fancy stuff called Electoluminescent paper glow stuff. Sealed, non repairable unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts