Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 cadillac fleetwood brougham
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My mother pointed out that some of the trim around the windows and on the door was flaking off so she decided to peel some of it off now it looks pretty ugly with some of the trim remaining.... We've had some rain lately and water doesn't appear to be penetrating anything, is it safe to remove this trim? I actually like the chrome underneath it anyway!

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille
1,152 Posts
you can take the stuff off, it wont hurt anything...there are no aftermarket replacements...all of them eventually dry rot and flake and peal like that...you can see the rubber on the outter edge also shrinking and coming loose...

I didnt do around the windows yet, just the belt moldings, ill give you the easiest way ive found. and im telling you this because some of it will peal easy and some is really on there...I tried everything from a razor, scraper, sandpaper, chemicals ect

a 3m earaser wheel for removing pinstripes and double sided tape from vehicles takes it off with ease and you can do it on the car as the wheel wont hurt anything

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the tip I will be removing the rest of the trim as soon as I get the earaser!

·
Registered
1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance, 2020 Santa Fe, 2003 Honda Reflex scooter
7,973 Posts
Never seen one of them. Dope tip!
Good seeing ya NOLA.:wavehi:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same issue on my 94, I didn't even notice until i kept snagging my arm on a sharp edge when I would drive with my arm resting on the door
Yep I've been doing the same ever since my mother pointed it out... I've gone through a few sponges and drying rags because the sharp pieces around the windows would snag them ughh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts